Walmart carrying DUSTIN CHESTNUT TREES!

OmenHonkey

I Want Fancy Words TOO !
So if I plant the Dunston's from Walmart will they make Chestnuts in South Ga or not? I bought 3 Saturday and will be planting them soon.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
So if I plant the Dunston's from Walmart will they make Chestnuts in South Ga or not? I bought 3 Saturday and will be planting them soon.

you will know for sure in about 3 years.. maybe sooner.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Those you sent me will be going in pots tomorrow. Thank you kindly, Pappy. :cheers:

Be sure to protect them from squirrels and chipmunks. Those little suckers will smell them from half a mile a way and fish 'em right out of the pots. :)

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Be sure to protect them from squirrels and chipmunks. Those little suckers will smell them from half a mile a way and fish 'em right out of the pots. :)

They`ll have to chew through 1/4 inch heavy gauge galvenized hardware cloth, and risk 22 longrifle solids to get to em. :D

Stang

Dunstan Chestnuts

I planted two in Fannin county on Saturday so I'll find out in few years how well they do. Purchased them at Walmart in Acworth.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
They`ll have to chew through 1/4 inch heavy gauge galvenized hardware cloth, and risk 22 longrifle solids to get to em. :D

:shoot::shoot::shoot::shoot::shoot:

Nic the Sqwerl Eliminator

He will leave no sqwerl unshot.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Those you sent me will be going in pots tomorrow. Thank you kindly, Pappy. :cheers:

I have never tried growing them, but I hope they do well for you.

I may have to come and visit the baby trees in a year or two and go crappie fishing with you.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I have never tried growing them, but I hope they do well for you.

I may have to come and visit the baby trees in a year or two and go crappie fishing with you.

Come on. I`ll put you on some speckled perch and fried wild turkey breast with some cheese grits to go with em.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I was just wondering if Nic's trees are a foot tall yet? ~:)>)

humdandy

Banned
Picked up 2 at the local Walmart.

Planted them yesterday. A little mulch on top and they should be good to go. Will stake and cage later.

You can see the sawtooths are blooming nicely in the background.

Attachments

• dunstan.jpg
    dunstan.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 222

atlashunter

This is very exciting news. Would love to see the American Chestnut restored and thriving in our forests.

XJfire75

How much is Walmart selling them for?

I want to get a few for my new property

glynr329

If anyone see them on sell let me know. I am currently doing my last thinning and have more room to plant. Thanks

glynr329

I did find them on sale but they only had 3 of the bigger ones. If anyone runs across the bigger trees on sale let me know. Thanks

Turkeycaller

I planted a grove of Dunston trees. Ten of them in Clermont. They did well the first two years and all died of root rot the third year.
Very disappointing.