War Between the States

Gen. Maxey Gregg was the man.

Bass if u want a good read on the amazing story that was the Andrews raid read Russell Bonds “Stealing the General” as it’s an awesome book. One of my clients relatives was a yank named Wollam who was a raider and in the book after capture escaped captivity multiple times, the last time taking the hooch all the way to the Gulf to find safety with the yankee fleet.

Gen. Maxey Gregg was the man.

Bass if u want a good read on the amazing story that was the Andrews raid read Russell Bonds “Stealing the General” as it’s an awesome book. One of my clients relatives was a yank named Wollam who was a raider and in the book after capture escaped captivity multiple times, the last time taking the hooch all the way to the Gulf to find safety with the yankee fleet.
Already read and plan to reread. Thanks.

Milkman

Retired Moderator
General Stand Waite was born there but I don’t ever remember reading that about his men.

Milkman

Retired Moderator
Yep he’s the man. His men were Indians and did not care for artillery directed their way.
He was one of the very last to surrender to the yankees.
I suspect most of us would not be fond of artillery aimed at us. And I’m Irish not Cherokee 😮

I suspect most of us would not be fond of artillery aimed at us. And I’m Irish not Cherokee 😮
I am a mixture of both, Irish and Cherokee, with a little highland Scot mix in for good measure.

We don't care for artillery fire to be directed at us either.