War Between the States

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
This talented confederate administrator's field hospital designs saved many lives during the war and served as a template for use in all subsequent american conflicts

I venture a guess that you are referring to Samuel Stout

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
Yep, Samuel Hollingsworth Stout.

Researchers are still combing through the meticulous records he kept. Through his records they have been able to identify a large number of previously unknown confederate dead buried in Marietta among other places. We are hoping the records for the hospitals located in Stone Mountain are still in tact and can possibly be used to identify the 200+ unknown confederates buried there.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I venture a guess that you are referring to Samuel Stout

Yep, Samuel Hollingsworth Stout.

Researchers are still combing through the meticulous records he kept. Through his records they have been able to identify a large number of previously unknown confederate dead buried in Marietta among other places. We are hoping the records for the hospitals located in Stone Mountain are still in tact and can possibly be used to identify the 200+ unknown confederates buried there.

I have read a good bit about the Stout papers.

BassRaider

At Chancellorsville, the South lost Jackson & Paxton. The north lost Berry, Whipple, and Kirby.
Good point Bass but note the question was about a Cavalry engagement.

Cavalry forces played a significant role at Chancellorsville. I guess I misunderstood your question? You are referring to Union cavalry generals lost, same day, same battle?

westcobbdog

This yank got himself and many of his men captured in Ga. on an ill conceived Cavalry raid. He may have been one of the highest ranked blue bellies captured during the war. Later in the Carolinas he pillaged on a raid, eventually cutting off Lees possibility of linking up with Johnston in the Carolina’s, making Lees decision too surrender at Appomattox an obvious one.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I think you are referring to Gen George Stoneman

Status
Not open for further replies.