War Between the States

Status
Not open for further replies.

westcobbdog

What Yank was so impressed at the pomp of his surrender of the US Armory at Augusta Ga at wars inception that he later joined the Southern cause? He was a Union Captain when he surrendered.

westcobbdog

This Brigade Commander was the first of his kind to die in the war, killed in action in Va leading his boys, the 7th and 8th Ga.
He has a County in Ga named for him. This County was formerly named for a fella who turned out to have yankee leanings and therefore the County name was changed to this Rebs name.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
This Brigade Commander was the first of his kind to die in the war, killed in action in Va leading his boys, the 7th and 8th Ga.
He has a County in Ga named for him. This County was formerly named for a fella who turned out to have yankee leanings and therefore the County name was changed to this Rebs name.

Well I don’t live as close as you do to the place. I don’t know the two fellas first names but I think you are talking about Bartow County that was called Cass before.

westcobbdog

While we wait on Bass to confirm above here's another nickname question...why was CSA Brig William Smith of Va called "extra Billy"?

Status
Not open for further replies.