War- Mouth Honey Hole

mlandrum

Went to another swamp this morning , the wrens have hatched out now so I could not take the boat, it was beautiful!! I only fished in two places and ran out of crickets by noon:cry: These were big little war mouths , I could only eat 3 of them for supper tonight they were THICK little buggers but gave my ult rite a bended rod all morning!!

thinking about sell the boar;););)FullSizeRender (76).jpgFullSizeRender (77).jpg

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
Is that many even legal Geez!
Never seen that many!!!
You caught them all didn’t you?

RamblinWreck

Niiiiiiiiiiice.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
That is't a game fish, so he is fine.
Warmouth are considered a sunfish and have a daily limit. Page 13 of fishing regulations.
I’m sure Mr Mike had only 49.
Jeff

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
You can keep a thousand bream here if you want to.

Nice mess of fish!

Mark R

That is mighty fine there . Wish I could find a hole like that . I went to the okefenokee last week and was disappointed .

across the river

Warmouth are considered a sunfish and have a daily limit. Page 13 of fishing regulations.
I’m sure Mr Mike had only 49.
Jeff

You are absolutely correct about that, but those aren't warmouth. There may be warmouth in there some where, but 99% of those are green sunfish, which aren't listed as game fish and what appears to be flathead catfish which has no limit. He could have 500 of both of those and it wouldn't matter.

mlandrum

You are absolutely correct about that, but those aren't warmouth. There may be warmouth in there some where, but 99% of those are green sunfish, which aren't listed as game fish and what appears to be flathead catfish which has no limit. He could have 500 of both of those and it wouldn't matter.
All the cats were butter cats:geek:

across the river

All the cats were butter cats:geek:

Notice I said appears to be a flathead. All I saw was the flat tail in the second picture, but I see the one in the top is indeed a bullhead. It doesn't change the fact that none of those fish are a game fish or have a limit, which some people were implying you might somehow be exceeding. You could catch a 1000 or both of those in a day and it wouldn't matter.

GA BASS ODYSSEY

Sunfish or Bream......Bluegill, Flier, Redbreast, Redear, Rock bass, Spotted sunfish, Warmouth and/or Shadow bass......Limit is 50

It is also unlawful to possess more than a total of 50 individuals of all the game fish species combined.

I counted over fifty.

Last edited:

across the river

Sunfish or Bream......Bluegill, Flier, Redbreast, Redear, Rock bass, Spotted sunfish, Warmouth and/or Shadow bass......Limit is 50

It is also unlawful to possess more than a total of 50 individuals of all the game fish species combined.

I counted over fifty.

The 50 plus limits applies to "gamefish". You can have more than 50 non-gamefish like carp, gar, bullheads, etc.., or any other fish not considered a gamefish. The overwhelming majority of those fish in the first picture and all of the fish (sans the catfish at the top) in the 2nd picture are not warmouth, they are green sunfish, which are not listed anywhere as a gamefish in Georgia and are not included in any of the names you mentioned. They are all across the state now, but are only native to Tennessee River basin, which very small little part of Georgia falls into, hence they are non-native species in the state that isn't a gamefish. They are on the Georgia invasive fish list with flatheads and bluecoats, and these is no limit on those either. So, again, he can catch a million of those tings and it doesn't matter. The state wants him to catch them all.

https://www.gainvasives.org/species/fish/