Warning About Snake Boots With Zippers!

ucfireman

Not trying to split hairs here but I would bet the "snake proof" material is sewn to the zippers so if you zip them as you are supposed to then they would provide protection. Yes the material behind the zipper isnt snake proof but as long as the seams (zippers) meet then your good to go.
Other than Nic I bet no one trys them out to make sure, we just hope for the best if it ever happens and trust the manufacturer.
I do have a pair of Rocky and I zip them up and trust them, Only time will tell.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Do the snakes always strike low, at boot level?

My biggest fear is getting bit when I reach down to grab something

transfixer

That's one of mine as well, this past weekend at camp I had to move some pieces of plywood and boards that had been laying around since last season, each time I picked one up I expected to find something under it .

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
That's one of mine as well, this past weekend at camp I had to move some pieces of plywood and boards that had been laying around since last season, each time I picked one up I expected to find something under it .

Yep
And under a bush hog seems like a prime snake hideout too

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member

Not always. Have you ever seen a big diamondback in a fighting coil with its head a foot or more off the ground? Or a cottonmouth laying on a log two feet off the ground.

I`m always extra careful when I`m picking up a dove, especially if it has laid there for a little while.

Mark K

Banned
My question is no matter what snake boot, who has been struck? Out of 50 years, I’ve only been struck at once that was confirmed by my son walking behind me. Didn’t even have snake boots back then, just some Muck Woody Max. I felt something hit the boot but just thought it was a stick popping up. I’ve wore snake boots ever since but never look for snakes. Don’t really see pics of snake bite victims in boots getting bit. Generally on the hand/wrist area or some idiot trying to stomp one in crocs or tennis shoes.
My only requirement with a snake boot is I want it waterproof as well as snakeproof.

rattlesnake1

I have been struck twice , once by a rattlesnake and once by a cottonmouth.
I was wearing rattlers snake chaps.
I wear snake boots when I go in the woods.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Unintentionally, 4 times. Diamondback, canebrake, cottonmouth, and juvenile copperhead.

Intentionally, I don`t know, hundreds of times, if I had to guess.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Unintentionally, 4 times. Diamondback, canebrake, cottonmouth, and juvenile copperhead.

Intentionally, I don`t know, hundreds of times, if I had to guess.
I was just looking on Youtube to see if I could find some video reviews of the snake boots I am interested in, and this video was amongst the search results. But y'all don't have to worry, I'm not interested in handling any snakes! I promise! :bounce:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I was just looking on Youtube to see if I could find some video reviews of the snake boots I am interested in, and this video was amongst the search results. But y'all don't have to worry, I'm not interested in handling any snakes! I promise! :bounce:

What did he expect with that finger hung out there like a target?

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
What did he expect with that finger hung out there like a target?
That is the first thing I noticed too. And he is supposed to be a herpetologists? :crazy: