Warthog gun.

GT-40 GUY

Thread starter #1
The warthog was designed around this gun. It shoots a 6,650 grain bullet at about 3,500 fps. It also will shoot them at over 4,000 per minute.

The biggest bullet in the picture is the one it shoots. :shoot:

The other picture is the gun with "something" next to it to show its size. :shoot:

Thought you shooters might be interested.

Hope you enjoy,

gt40

Attachments

georgia357

I fell in love with the Warthog when I first saw them flying over the campground at Myrtle Beach before they moved them from there. Awesome plane and gun.

I use to have a home in Navarre FL near the Eglin AFB test range and every night we could hear Warthogs ripping those 30mm's. No you should have heard when the MOAB went off:flag:

Slingblade

Gone But Not Forgotten
I lived in Niceville when I was stationed at Eglin and got to hear and feel all the bomb runs on the range. If you are ever down around Ft Walton/Destin go over to Eglin and check out the USAF Armament museum; it's just outside the gate nearest to Shalimar...I guess they consider that the Main Gate.

fishtail

Was hunting in Townsend and could not recognize the blur of distinguished sound of gunfire.
Shortly a couple of A10's with their unmistakeable engines came by. It answered the question.

JWarren

I fell in love with the Warthog when I first saw them flying over the campground at Myrtle Beach before they moved them from there. Awesome plane and gun.
I did exactly the same...we would to go to Myrtle Beach and camp at the state park across the street from the base and listen to them as they flew 24/7. Loved the whine of that engine.....

Last edited: