Wasting away in Margaritaville driveler #253

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
I won’t be trotting/no exercise. I’m having a Nuclear stress test, an injection of a radioactive dye that simulates exertion. It’s weird, I felt like I had run up several flights of stairs within seconds of the injection, rapid breathing, dizziness, nausea, faint, etc., etc.,

Not a good feeling, but diminishing after several minutes. I did have a headache afterwards for a while though.

Chief, I had one several months ago because I couldn't do the normal treadmill deal because of my ongoing knee problems. You are right as when they give you the "nuclear"injection, you really feel like you are having a major heart attack right then because I was struggling to breathe, hurting like crazy and within just a few seconds after the injection, I felt like I was on fire as I starting sweating, along with dizziness and nausea, and I thought that I was going to die just like I did when I really did have a heart back 11 years ago. I still remember every detail of the pain etc back on May 29, 2007. If it hadn't been for my Texas Girlfriend calling me right when I was having it and convincing me that it was a heart attack and and NOT heartburn and that I needed to get to the hospital right then. My doctors told me that if I had waited any longer, that we wouldn't be having this conversation and that I would have died sitting in my recliner.

Thankfully, Teresa saved my life that night and by the next day, she had flown from Texas to Georgia to help take care of me. When my doctors met her, they told her that she was indeed my angel the night before. I'm sitting here now looking at a really nice photo that sits on my computer desk of the two of us back on Christmas Day 2009 and we are sitting on the couch and I've got my arm around her, holding her tight. Lord, I miss her so much. Breast cancer was always a bad word for me and it will always be the worse word that I can think of.

I worry a lot about you doing so much work every day out in this high heat and humidity as I know that I couldn't work such as what you do on an average day. It slows me down in a hurry and I am mucho years older than you are. Teresa knew how you were always working all of the time and traveling a bunch as well. She called you the "Raging Cajun" and those spices must have been what keep you going all of the time. Of course, she loved also Quack and Ms Dawn and she thought that Quack was a saint too. :pop:

Hopefully, your doctors will take care of you with no problems. As for me, I had a 6 month check-up last Thursday and my Cardiologist said that all of my labs, EKG and a little weight loss along with everything looked great so I needed to keep up whatever I had been doing. For the first time in 11 years now, he said that my next check-up would be scheduled for 9 months now instead of 6 months. :cheers:

PS: My original prescription from my Cardiologist back when I had my heart attack was as follows: "You need to slow down more and take the time to relax and smell the roses". That was exactly what Teresa and I did too. Hello Alaska, Hawaii again, the West Coast, and most every area in Texas, and Florida and last but not least the Mountains including Georgia, North Carolina and Tennessee. Then we started the cycle all over again.

Last edited:

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
You nailed it, Mike.

Yessir, that 1st one I had scared me. I was wondering why about 4-5 medical professionals were standing there surrounding me when they gave me that injection.

Lawd, I thought I was dying right then and there for a minute or 2.

Yep, my cardiologist told me today I need to slow down and take it a little easier when I begin to tire.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
morning eli and bloodbro

time for the morning drink

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Good Morning Blood, Eli, Gobblin, and to the rest of the sleeping Drivelers.

Blood, I hope that you had a somewhat quiet night shift.

Eli, I owe you a reply to something that I didn't see until late last night too. I DO remember it being REALLY COLD THAT NIGHT way back around 33 years ago. My late wife and I and lots of our friends were there too. I never dreamed about you being across the field from me.

I hope the Eagle found his way down your way recently without flying around in too many circles before getting there.

Gobblin, thanks for the coffee as I need some to wash down about six of these apple fruit bites from the Kroger bakery. These things are really good if you put them in the microwave for about 18 seconds. I've got to eat the other six before I leave for vacation in the morning. :cheers:

redeli

"Useless Billy Coach"
Good Morning Blood, Eli, Gobblin, and to the rest of the sleeping Drivelers.

Blood, I hope that you had a somewhat quiet night shift.

Eli, I owe you a reply to something that I didn't see until late last night too. I DO remember it being REALLY COLD THAT NIGHT way back around 33 years ago. My late wife and I and lots of our friends were there too. I never dreamed about you being across the field from me.

I hope the Eagle found his way down your way recently without flying around in too many circles before getting there.

Gobblin, thanks for the coffee as I need some to wash down about six of these apple fruit bites from the Kroger bakery. These things are really good if you put them in the microwave for about 18 seconds. I've got to eat the other six before I leave for vacation in the morning. :cheers:
It was cold that night

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
drink until full josh

wybro, morning

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Mornin gentlemen!

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
hey Chief