My Diddy wouldn't let us flop down at the table with a hat on

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
But things like that just don't bother me

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

holton27596

depends on type of hat and were you. baseball hats expected to come off, a stetson out west is expected to be worn indoors

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Why can’t we just drive on whichever side of the road we feel like? Why can’t we yell fire in a movie theatre. That’s seems like it would be fun. Why can’t we just do whatever we want whenever we want? Y’all sound like a bunch of spoiled teenagers.
Do you really equate driving on the wrong side of the road or yelling about fire in a theater to walking inside with a hat on your head? Seriously? Some of those things are based on a logical reason. One of them isn’t.

Cook&Bro

Who made the rule that you open a door for a lady?
What purpose does it serve?

This was presented to me a little differently by my Daddy, "A Gentleman holds the door for a Lady." And he impressed upon me that he expected me to be a gentleman - no discussion on the subject.

And so I open and hold the door for my wife, and for other ladies. My grandsons will do the same, at least while I am around.

It's the right thing to do. Besides, I need the "points". As in, I have the right to remain silent, but ...

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
My grandpa used to let the third fingernail on his left hand grow out three inches long, and only buttoned one overall gallus, so I’m obligated to do the same, too. ::ke:

joepuppy

Hats perform no function indoors. So I see no need to wear one inside. There's no hard rule, but I don't wear sunglasses indoors,either. That's the best answer I could muster.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I very seldom wear a hat outside. If I am not hunting or fishing, I most likely wont have a cap or hat on. Dont wear sunglasses very often either, unless I am fishing. I have nothing against them, I just lose ever pair I ever get.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

NOYDB

BANNED
I wear hard hats where falling objects are a danger. The purpose of the building or who is present doesn't make a difference to me.

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
Why do men have to wear there hats indoors and at the dinner table.
The spin off question was be ready when a hooded person approaches you.

Oh yeah ...... hats inside and sunglasses at night!!!! Yeah that's it!

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Do you really equate driving on the wrong side of the road or yelling about fire in a theater to walking inside with a hat on your head? Seriously? Some of those things are based on a logical reason. One of them isn’t.

It’s called sarcasm. Change the batteries in your sarcasm detector. Wear your hat inside if it’s that important to you.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I don't really care one way or another. I just don't see what the big deal is with it. And sarcasm is saying one thing, but meaning the opposite. I speak it fluently, and often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts