Wendy's S'Awesome Bacon Classic Double Hamburger

Cmp1

BANNED
Probably because grinding beef costs about $5 a pound now or more. There is a restaurant called the Pioneer near here in the tiny town of Clyde, NC that still has a big, sloppy, fresh burger and homemade fries for not much over five bucks. I stop in there and get one every now and then.

Yes, they do.

View attachment 949070
Should know this week about the Ling,,,,

Reactions: Dub

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
i can't stand Wendy's fries. they remind me of wet 'sketti noodles. No crisp, no crunch. Just limp, greasy strips of taters

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
i can't stand Wendy's fries. they remind me of wet 'sketti noodles. No crisp, no crunch. Just limp, greasy strips of taters
Probably bad cooks at your local Wendys. I have only eaten at the Wendys in my town most recently, so can't say how good they are anywhere else. But I did like them. Those burger king fries were pretty dang good too.

Dub

I like 6 or 7 packs of it in their chili with cheese

We are getting one of those here. People I asked about them in SC & NC where they started kind of give them a 3 out of 5 stars

My son is the one who told me to try 'em out.

I'd have to rate them at 4/5 stars on the stuff I've had......and when you consider it's drive thru eats.......I'd rate them even higher.

Probably because grinding beef costs about $5 a pound now or more. There is a restaurant called the Pioneer near here in the tiny town of Clyde, NC that still has a big, sloppy, fresh burger and homemade fries for not much over five bucks. I stop in there and get one every now and then.

Yes, they do.

View attachment 949070

Burger cravin' flung !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sbroadwell

I travel all over the SE for work. Every time I'm not eating BBQ for lunch, I'm eating hamburgers. It' fun to find the little local places that nobody knows about. Here are three that are real good:
- The Cart Barn, LaGrange. Great burger, ground in house.
- Ella's Top Corral, Valdosta. Looks and feels like a fast food place, but man, the burger is good! Probably the best I've had since Crowley's Riverhouse closed back in the late '70s
- MiniMart Cafe, Rocky Face, GA. Just went the first time a few days ago. Really good meat, a full half pound, hung outside the bun. But, the bun sorta got overpowered and fell apart.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Probably bad cooks at your local Wendys. I have only eaten at the Wendys in my town most recently, so can't say how good they are anywhere else. But I did like them. Those burger king fries were pretty dang good too.

if you tell them to fry them crispy, with no salt, you get a pretty good tater, but you have to wait on them. the no salt makes sure you get them fresh out of the fryer, then you can add the salt you want to them.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I travel all over the SE for work. Every time I'm not eating BBQ for lunch, I'm eating hamburgers. It' fun to find the little local places that nobody knows about. Here are three that are real good:
- The Cart Barn, LaGrange. Great burger, ground in house.
- Ella's Top Corral, Valdosta. Looks and feels like a fast food place, but man, the burger is good! Probably the best I've had since Crowley's Riverhouse closed back in the late '70s
- MiniMart Cafe, Rocky Face, GA. Just went the first time a few days ago. Really good meat, a full half pound, hung outside the bun. But, the bun sorta got overpowered and fell apart.

if you ever get to Toccoa, try the D and H diner. it is 1/2 pounder, and pretty dang good burger. I usually add bacon, onion, cheese and mayo to it.

Tell Brett that Pappy sent cha.

Patriot44

Banned
My first job was at Wendy's in Acworth off 92/75. The Baconator today don't hold a candle to the old Big Bacon Classic.

Was talking with the witch today that our annual Five Guys trip was coming up in January.

Best burger in Atlanta, The Vortex. Horseradish burger.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
anybody remember the big deluxe from hardees
Yep. The one I really miss is their Big Roast Beef sammich. I like Arby's, but the Hardees roast beef was even better, by a good bit.

I did get food poisoning one time from a Hardee's roast beef, but it was about 11 oclock at night at a very, very nasty ghetto Hardee's.