Wendy's S'Awesome Bacon Classic Double Hamburger

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Haven't had Wendy's in a long time. Stopped by there today to get a quick bite to eat, and let me tell you, I am glad I did. That was a mighty fine fast food burger! They have a single, double, or triple patty burger. I opted for the double. It 'bout whipped me, but in the end, I showed that burger who's boss! :bounce:

https://menu.wendys.com/en_US/product/sawesome-bacon-classic-double/

IMG_0915.JPG

IMG_0916.JPG

IMG_0918.JPG

naildrvr

I like Wendy's burgers and the double is normally what I'd get. Although since going on a diet, I haven't had a burger from there. The diet is over ,but I'm still particular about what I eat.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
I like to get their chilie sauce and put it on my fries.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, that is my favorite fast food burger by a big margin.

Dub

Best drive through burger you can get around here.

That being said.....I haven't tried a burger from Cook-Out and I hear they are super.

My son is a big fan of 5-Guys and Red Robin. I'd rather go somewhere besides a burger joint if I'm dining in somewhere.....preferring Tex-Mex or Chinese.

ambush80

Best drive through burger you can get around here.

That being said.....I haven't tried a burger from Cook-Out and I hear they are super.

My son is a big fan of 5-Guys and Red Robin. I'd rather go somewhere besides a burger joint if I'm dining in somewhere.....preferring Tex-Mex or Chinese.

Cookout is a good burger. A kid who worked for me used to get a two chicken quesadillas tray with two chicken nuggets on the side. Then he'd put the nuggets in the quesadillas and cover them all with some kind of sauce; plus a large drink all for $5. It was a giant pile of food. Perfect fuel for a 20something year old.

He was a smart kid and a good worker.

If I were to treat myself to a fast food binge I would get a Double Whopper with cheese and some rings.

Reactions: Dub

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
We just recently got a cookout. Heard lots of good things about it. Just don't do fast food much unless we are traveling. Might just have to give cookout a try.

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
Yep, Daves Classic Double about once a week. Wendy was hot when she was young.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I've tried Cookout, and it's ok, but not as good as Wendy's. Five Guys is really good, but it's $16 for basically a Wendy's double with better fries. Fuddrucker's is by far the best store-bought burger out there.

DannyW

Wendy's was my favorite but a few years ago they changed their dill pickles to a sweeter pickle, and changed from a sweet white onion to red onion. Since dill pickles and sweet onions are my favorite toppings on a burger (I gave up on fast foot tomatoes years ago), Wendy's went down a couple points in my rankings.

Now they changed their french fries at the same time but that change was a winner...I think no one makes better fast foot fries than Wendy's.

DannyW

Five Guys is really good, but it's $16 for basically a Wendy's double with better fries.

Agreed. I love their burgers but I went there a few weeks ago and a cheeseburger, fries and drink was over $14. And I do like their fries but what a waste...a small fry will just about feed a family of 4, and I always feel wasteful when I dump half the fries they give me in the trash.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Agreed. I love their burgers but I went there a few weeks ago and a cheeseburger, fries and drink was over $14. And I do like their fries but what a waste...a small fry will just about feed a family of 4, and I always feel wasteful when I dump half the fries they give me in the trash.
I'm the opposite on the fries-Five Guys is the only restaurant I've ever been to in my life that I didn't walk out feeling dissapointed and cheated on fries. With the typical fast food meal, my large fries are all gone a quarter of the way through the burger. Five guys gets it right with the fries-their medium is just right for me. Last fry goes down with the last bite of burger. :)

Dub

I'm the opposite on the fries-Five Guys is the only restaurant I've ever been to in my life that I didn't walk out feeling dissapointed and cheated on fries. With the typical fast food meal, my large fries are all gone a quarter of the way through the burger. Five guys gets it right with the fries-their medium is just right for me. Last fry goes down with the last bite of burger. :)

Ant their peanuts.....man, those things are mighty good.

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
Used to be a chain of burger joints in Atlanta that blew away everything else and I can't remember the name. They served you a burger and fries on a bun then you went what was basically a salad bar and dressed it how you wanted it, they also had self served draft beer on tap. It was an awesome place.

ambush80

Used to be a chain of burger joints in Atlanta that blew away everything else and I can't remember the name. They served you a burger and fries on a bun then you went what was basically a salad bar and dressed it how you wanted it, they also had self served draft beer on tap. It was an awesome place.

Fuddruckers?

chobrown

If you ate all the fries that comes with a burger at five guys that is a testament to how much you love fries. The wife and I can get 2 burgers and 1 order of fries and usually have a few left over. Impressive sir.