We're Upgrading!

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Ok guys. Since I am a MIT ( Mod In Training) I just got off a conference call with all the “upper brass” at GON. All I can say is that all of you are going a love the upgrades coming this weekend. It’s gonna be an online experience like none other. To get the new GON app there is a small fee of $2.99. If interested,PM me and I’ll send my paypal info

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Wonder if our beloved semicolon will make a return? Just ain't the same around here without her.

WiltedWeeBettong-small.gif

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Wonder if our beloved semicolon will make a return? Just ain't the same around here without her.

WiltedWeeBettong-small.gif

Pappy only has a semi-colon since that surgery back in October, 2017....

Pappy sure misses his

GoldDot40

Will videos still need to be embedded or will it do that
automatically? That was one change i saw elsewhere.
You punch the link and it's embedded.

On the other forum I'm on that uses Xenforo...from my phone, I hit share, copy to clipboard, then paste it in the box I type my post in....and posts the video automatically. Ridiculously easy.

PappyHoel

Is this in repsonse to GPDR?

Meriwether Mike

Hope to see ya'll on the other side. :cool:Unintended consequences can be a wild ride!!

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

brandon

Administrator
Please see the maintenance notice at the top of the page. The board will be down this weekend and hopefully back up by no later than Monday am.
One minor correction - I wouldn't expect to see the new site before Monday evening. We might be a little earlier, we might be a little later, but Monday PM is my best guess based on the test runs we've made.

As others have noted, xenForo is going to be a big improvement. Image attachments are much easier (and images will be automatically resized!). Video embedding is super simple now, I can confirm that you just post the link and the forum will take care of the rest.

Most importantly, I am happy to report that the clock issue will be fixed once and for all!

:yeah:

The board is going to look very different. Go ahead and prepare yourself for that change. Apart from that, everything should work just about the way it does today. Just better :D

I'm sure there will be some adjustments left to be made even after we open it back up. Y'all bear with us as we get everything sorted out.

Brandon

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Most importantly, I am happy to report that the clock issue will be fixed once and for all!

:yeah:

Brandon

Drat! There goes the diversion tactic down the drain.:rofl: