West Point Crappie any advice

Jedwards

We are fishing West point this coming weekend. Any advice on where to fish and what we should use for catching some crappie or if anyone knows what's working best right now.

MikeyD6

Deleted
Find some shoreline with submerged wood, they'll be on it. Especially if you can find some that's close to a creek channel. I fish yellowjacket creek mostly, but I'm sure you would have luck in any of the main creeks.

I've been wearing them out throwing jigs. I've had success with several different colors, but pink and green combo plastics have been my favorite.

I took my wife out yesterday evening, they were a little tight lipped with this little cold front but we still caught several with minnows on a cork. I had a bunch slap at the jigs but it was tougher to get a hookset than it has been. Still a good day though. I'm sure you'll be able to connect with a few.

Mr. Fishunt

Cork, small split shot, #6 gold wire hook, and minnow around brush and downed trees in 2' - 6' of water.
Drop anchor within casting distance and keep moving until you find the fish.
Use a small cork and adjust depth accordingly.
Sometimes, some brush piles have bigger crappie on them. So if you cointinually catch small fish move, too.

Good luck!

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Caught these in a 2 hr trip this morning all on jigs in shallow water , yellow jacket creek , just look for the boats , seen 9 this morning on a 300 yd bank , bank fishermen are starting to catch them also , I was using a cork just pitching and slow retrieving about 3 ft deep, they seemed to be biting any color but most were caught on this , good luck , may see u out there 943C778C-2C38-4A2F-8067-E41699900D0E.jpeg79CDEB0C-1A3D-4852-B11B-5E77127C6C1D.jpeg

antharper

Staff member
Caught a couple good messes in beach creek the past few days also , but I’m sure they are being caught all over the lake

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
They have been on fire up river also. They were on wood and rock in 4-5 ft this evening. They’ll be on the banks on next weeks full moon.

Jedwards

Thanks everyone for all the good info I'll post back next week and let everyone know how we did. Thanks again.

antharper

Staff member
Caught 15 this morning from bank with a jig standing in one spot

antharper

Staff member
Hope u done good today... sure isn’t the best of days to be on the water

Dialer

Yeah, but being a Georgia resident requires a $39 three day “trip” pass from what I read...