What are your thoughts on Joel Osteen?

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
I ask because the topic has come up in a thread, and I just wanted to get everyone’s take on him.

lagrangedave

Gone But Not Forgotten
What was the Holy Chalise made of? Think about that one. I just built a $4 million dollar church and got fired at the completion because the preacher knew I could see right through his game.

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
What was the Holy Chalise made of? Think about that one. I just built a $4 million dollar church and got fired at the completion because the preacher knew I could see right through his game.

4 million would go a long way toward furthering the gospel to those less fortunate in other impoverished countries. THe Kingdom of Heaven is comprised of those you know.

dirtnap

I’ll never forget the time Larry King cornered him up and asked him if he believed Jesus was the only way to heaven and he said more or less no

1gr8bldr

Motivational speaker who uses the bible as talking points

gordon 2

I find that he says what he believes in Christ without bashing others... and he's happy and the people around him seem to be happy, and happy Christians are rare today and is perhaps shocking to some.

What makes a preacher like Osteen is not Osteen, but the sincerity of the people who participate in praise, minister and worship in congregation in my opinion. Osteen is like other pastors in that he is the president of the assembly, but the assembly is the star in his ministry.

What I like about Osteen is that he understands that God and people alive to each other are blessed in the hear and now.

What I understand is that he preaches to mature Christians...which is misunderstood by many who are not. Lots of people take Osteen's oxens to push their cart... and fail or understand in a mind looking for failure.

Now Osteen can be sappy in his explanatories... but his life is not without good sap.

He uses himself, his life, his family, as an example too much when he preaches. But that is par for the course with his brand of non denominational worship. In the non denominational culture he is very good at what he does.

gordon 2

1 John 4:16
16 And so we know and rely on the love God has for us.

God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.

280 Man

Banned
He's a come as you are, leave as you came motivational speaker.

He tells people what they wanna hear but yet refuses to tell people what they need to hear- which is,
Roman's 2:10 "It is written: none is righteous, no, not one; no one understands; no one seeks for God.”

Roman's 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Roman's 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"

And that Jesus, not good works is the ONLY way to heaven..John 14:6 "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me...Ephesians 2:8-9 "
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast.

And that if one dies lost, unsaved that **** will be their home. Revelation 21:8 "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and *****mongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

1988USMC

The couple of times I have seen him on TV, I only heard him mention the bible when he had the congregation (audience) repeat his " this is my bible....." recitation.
He is a sinner just like the rest of us, we all need to pray for him and his ministry to really preach the word of God, to not be afraid to step on toes and hurt peoples feelings. I would surely rather have someone mad with me than to have them spend eternity separated from God in the torment of h**l.

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
No offense to anyone who has offered an opinion.

I would like to think that 'he who is not against us is for I'd but I'm not 100% sure it applies in this case. But everyone should know that God made all people for His purposes! You may not think there is redeeming value or worth in some but could you be wrong! And do U want to be the one judges whom God created. I will pass!

If as scripture says, God can raised up rocks to praise Him, He can surely use the imperfect and even the deceived to speak the life of Jesus into someone! I cannot speak against that possibility and that reality!

Artfuldodger

I guess if it's possible for a man to bring someone one to God, then I guess it's possible for Osteen to do so. I would agree the possibility is there, even if he is someone we may not agree with or even believe is from God.

God may have raised him up for this very purpose.