What buck are you after this year?

JohnBuck

Anything that want to ride in the back of my truck and still let me pick what radio station to listen to while heading home is more than welcome to ride.

Esau

I also like the big dumb ones.

whitetailfreak

After killing my two bucks high on Cohutta WMA last December, I located another good buck in the same general area. I ran several post season cams in the high gap where I figured he was crossing from one branch down to the other, and got several pics before horns dropped. I aim to kill him on the late hunt this season. I'm not a trophy hunter and never claimed to be and would rather kill this buck with another year on him than a 150 incher in the flat woods.

IMG_20180327_133734758_HDR(1).jpg

Last edited:

1bohunter

After killing my two bucks high on Cohutta WMA last December, I located another good buck in the same general area. I ran several post season cams in the high gap where I figured he was crossing from one branch down to the other, and got several pics before horns dropped. I aim to kill him on the late hunt this season. I'm not a trophy hunter and never claimed to be and would rather kill this buck with another year on him than a 150 incher in the flat woods.

View attachment 937388
Didn't know you were allowed to place trail cams up in WMA. I need to get out more.
Anybody have any details on this.

whitetailfreak

Didn't know you were allowed to place trail cams up in WMA. I need to get out more.
Anybody have any details on this.

100% legal, but with that said, I hang mine on Cohutta with confidence that they'll be there when I return. Try that on Redlands. I do lose a few to bears from time to time.

deast1988

Haven't got many buck pictures yet. They in the neighbors corn heavier then mine. But I plan on shanking some early does for sure.

GAGE

GONetwork Member
It is only about my kids, specifically my daughter. She is after a deer we named Reindeer, and this is our fourth year of getting a picture of him.

XJfire75

Nothing older than 1.5 with horns on my new property but hope to stick my first deer on my very own piece of dirt this year regardless what it is. Checking cams for the first time on my new club Thursday so maybe I’ll have a buck to add to this thread then.

BowanaLee

Looks like theres another wide 8 in my future ?
Theres also a 11,10 and 9 pointer just as big but just a little narrower. Them and a few more are hanging in my neighborhood spots. Every spot has big bucks. I expect its like that all around 285 ?
I've been corn feeding this one for several months fattening him up. :)
Looks like he'll have a real skinny rack ?
What will he score ???? My guess 135 net ?

Attachments

• 077 (2).JPG
    077 (2).JPG
    717.3 KB · Views: 236
  • 075 (2).JPG
    075 (2).JPG
    716.7 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:

Jimmypop

Nothing older than 1.5 with horns on my new property but hope to stick my first deer on my very own piece of dirt this year regardless what it is. Checking cams for the first time on my new club Thursday so maybe I’ll have a buck to add to this thread then.

Jimmypop

Not to worry,xjfire75, 1.5 are the best for eating anyway

Attachments

• 0129181204.jpg
    0129181204.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 0127181226.jpg
    0127181226.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 18

Josh B

From last year. I hope they grew.

Attachments

• 20171028_145323-1.jpg
    20171028_145323-1.jpg