What camo system do you use? Sitka, First Lite, Predator, etc?

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
Mix of brands in RealTree Advantage and old BDU's from when I was in the Army. I haven't bought new camo in forever.

Mark K

Banned
People have to realize not everyone hunts the same or stays in Georgia to hunt, lol. Yes your blue jeans and flannel shirts will kill a deer in a blind or a stand. But if you have to walk a mile or two and then pack it out, you will be either freezing to death or suffering from heat exhaustion. A good quality camo system will allow you to be comfortable no matter how you choose to hunt. Even just riding your truck/ATV to your stand and climbing up.

BGA

People have to realize not everyone hunts the same or stays in Georgia to hunt, lol. Yes your blue jeans and flannel shirts will kill a deer in a blind or a stand. But if you have to walk a mile or two and then pack it out, you will be either freezing to death or suffering from heat exhaustion. A good quality camo system will allow you to be comfortable no matter how you choose to hunt. Even just riding your truck/ATV to your stand and climbing up.
Plus the idea behind this is to not have to buy camo for a while with the ability to hunt literally every and any condition or terrain....

Duff

Before I went hunting in Kansas last week, I wanted to buy a set to make sure I stayed warm. Some wind proof stuff I’ve heard so many good things about. I’m pretty cheap when it comes to hunting clothes and usually look for sales. I don’t have a ton of hunting clothes, usually some pull over camo over jeans and a green shirt.

I looked for the Cabelas brand but didn’t find my size in the website. Not sure if they are doing away with it after BPS buy out?????? Seemed to all be on clearance.

Anyway, a local store carries a few top of the line wind proof/water proof stuff and I went with Kryptek. Never dream of spending that much on hunting clothes but I have to say, that may be the best hunting related item I’ve ever purchased. Even though it’s fairly lightweight, teamed with some mid weight wool bases, I never got cold. At all. Dealt with wind, snow, rain and temps in the 20’s, wind and some more wind.

Just a good review for Kryptek if anyone is looking for a hunting set up.

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
I bought this insulated coverall back in 1986 I think and have used it every year since. I have newer stuff for very cold weather, but I only use that stuff about every other year. The camo cover I use to put around my tripod stand and to cover my ATV near my ladder stand. I have had this for about 20 years and it is still like new.

Attachments

• realtree .jpg
    realtree .jpg
    428.4 KB · Views: 16
  • realtree 1 .jpg
    realtree 1 .jpg
    402.5 KB · Views: 17
  • camo .png
    camo .png
    825.2 KB · Views: 13
  • roof 2 .JPG
    roof 2 .JPG
    272.8 KB · Views: 13

tbrown913

Go to a store and try on what you like! Personally I wear redhead branded outer layers, the mountain stalker line of bibs and jacket. I have had the set I'm using now about 5 years, and dont see a need to replace them for probably another 4 or 5 the way they are holding up. My last pair if redhead bibs is going on 15-18 years. I wore them until I got the new set, and gave the old set to my brother in law who didn't have cold weather stuff. My warm season pants and shirts come from the clearance rack from different stores after the end of deer season.

MikeyD6

Deleted
Insulated coveralls/bibs and boots are what you need if you want to stay warm. You can layer as much or as little as you like underneath. A lot of times ill just have gym shorts or pants on underneath, and one or 2 long sleeve camo shirts on. If its really cold, throw on some long johns and the jacket over top to finish it off, but for me its rarely that cold. The main thing about the coveralls is you have truly overlapping layers to keep the warmth in. No matter how thick your jacket and pants are, cold air seems to get in around your waist when you move around.

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
Personally, I like my truck. It keeps me warm and dry. I can move around without being detected much and it has drink holders.

baddave

i think you can get away (most places i hunt) w/ anything on the darker side . don't really need all the fancy smancy stuff

sleepr71

What kind of $$$ are we talking for a full system,say that will cover bow season..to February coyote calling here in the South? I rarely walk more than 4-500 yards to a deer stand & if it’s hot I try to shower scent free + keep my clothes outside scent free. Seems to keep my stench down some ?. Are these newer “systems” better breathing(make you sweat less)? I’d like to upgrade some of my COLD garments to more modern stuff,but have 3 kids & they get the higher priorities! For the past 20 years...I’ve been catching Clearance stuff at the END of Deer season at Walmart,Good Will,Estate Sales..etc. I end up working in my Camo..and have never been able to justify spending a lot of $$$ on it. I still kill a nice buck every year,or so and all the does I want in my faded mismatch camo. Being STILL and scent free is more important...IMO

Ruger15

I usually wear a pair of regular ole carharts and a camo jacket. Now when I head out west or Canada I take my Kuiu stuff so I look good in my pictures and not like a redneck from gods country.:flag: