What Choke tube?

FOLES55

Looking at Carlson creamator MR & LR or Patternmaster anaconda.

I know the shotshell, shot size, gun and several other variables affect the patterns, but curious to know what most of you have had success with?

FOLES55

Thanks, Mojoe

Long Cut

My buddy patterned a Rob Roberts to his factory extended chokes (Benelli SBEIII) and the factory Mod blew away Rob’s Mid Range choke with all shots in various sizes at 20and 40 yards.

I’d pattern my gun before I spent money on anything.

FOLES55

Planning on that, thanks Long Cut

JackSprat

I have chokes from maybe a half dozen aftermarket people - not full sets but enough to get a fair sampling. They are all good chokes, and differ mostly in the add ons.

First, follow the above advice and pattern whatever choke you choose. Just cause the manufacturer stamps a choke on it, doesn't mean that's the way it's going to shoot in your gun. Personally I prefer chokes that are marked in thousand's of an inch, and matched to your bore diameter.

Second point, and what has been discovered by a lot of target shooters, Beretta/Benelli chokes are as good as any aftermarket choke for what they are supposed to do. A lot of prettier chokes than the factory chokes, but the factory chokes do the job.

DRBugman85

Factory chokes work best for me (Improve/ Modified). That's because I shoot Winchester Supreme shotshells.I tryed after market chokes and Factory chokes work as good if not better.I've shot every steel shot made and The Winchester Drylok Supreme have by far pattern the best in every aspect in my opinion.

Duckbuster82

Just shoot factory chokes. No matter what choke you get you will still have to find a shell that works with that choke.

hoytslanger87

Personally my factory choke in my M2 didn’t do nearly as good as the Turlock and Brileys I tried. I patterned 4 different loads in 3 shot sizes from 30 to 50 yards.

hrstille

Its all about shot string boys. Not pattern. Put your factory Mod in and blast away.