What did you call your granparents?

Havana Dude

Sitting in the stand gives me time to think and come up with off the wall stuff. I got to thinking(a dangerous thing) about what I called mine and what my kids call theirs and it made me curious. Mine were on mothers side, Maw Maw&Paw Paw, Dads side , Big Daddy& Big Mama. My kids call my folks, Memaw& Grandpaw, wifes side is Granddad&grandmama. Just curious guys.

Outdoor-Writer07

Grandparent!!!

My Moms mother and dad died before I was born and my dads mother died when I was two. So, I only have a grandfather left and I call him PAW PAW!!! :clap:

Toliver

Dad's mom was dead before I was born and never really did much with his dad to call him anything that I can remember. He was the last to die and I was in my early 20's. I just called him by his first name by then.

Mom's parents were both gone by the time I was 9. Called them grandma and pawpaw the few times I saw them.

dbodkin

Both Grand dads died when I was a toddler. Called Grandma by their family name.
Grandma Bodkin and Grandma Hardy

Wife (Italian)

Nonna (Grandma)
Nonno (Grandpa)

Last edited:

sirveyor

On my dad's side it was grandmother and grandfather. But on my mom's side it was Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw. And that's what my three granddaughters (and two on the way!) call me and my betterhalf. I love it!! :fine:

frankwright

I never knew either of my Grandmothers, My Moms Dad was an old italian gentleman who passed when I was about 10. Everyone called him BaBee which must mean something in italian.

My Dad's Dad was a Cowboy who lived most of his adult life in Arizona. He made me a saddle and bridle for a horse I never got. He would come stay with us for a couple of months every year or so. He died when I was pretty young and I only have a few memories of him but they are good. He was GrandPap.

I am a Grandparent now. I have an 8 Yr Grandson, A 20 Month GrandDaughter and another only two weeks old. We also have about six more we kept that think we are their grandparents.
I am PaPa and my Wife is Granny!

I love being a Grandfather and I want my grand Kids to have lots of good memories so I spend a lot of time with them and am never to busy to pick one up or play Hot Wheels on the floor with my grandSon. I am lucks as all mine live within 25 minutes and I see them three or four or more days a week. I spoil them rotten and send them home.

HMwolfpup

Mom's dad died when she was 10, so never knew him, call her mother Mama Rene (her name is Irene)

Called my dad's folks grandma and granddaddy.

Georgiaastro

My mom's side was Mama Byers and Papa Byers. My granddad on my dad's side was killed in a car accident when I was 2 but I called my grandmaother Mama Newton. They are all gone now but I still think of them quite often and plan on seeing all of them one day.

Larry

dusty

My dads mother died before I was born, his father died when I was very young I have always refured to him as granddaddy chaney. My mothers father died when was 3---her mother is still with us (94) and she likes to be called MotherRuth. I had a very very good friend that was like a grandfather to my children we call him POP. Now that he has gone home to heaven.I now ask for my grandchildren to call me POP.My two oldest granddaughters call me grandpaw Lon--My youngest calls me pop-pop and calls my wife Nana

Snakeman

Both sides were called Grandmother and Granddaddy.

We added the family names after to differentiate between them when discussing them amongst ourselves.

The Snakeman

stumpman

Banned
Grandmommy and grandaddy and angel and poppy my kids call theres neenaw and peepaw and there last name after it. pretty neat thread.

Jeff Phillips

Mom's side was MamMa and Papaw.

Dad's side was GrandMa and Paw.

Both of my Great Grand Mothers (1 on each side lived until I was a teenager) were GrandMa.

My kids call my folks Nana and PopPop.

My wife's folks are Grammie and PapaK.

W4DSB

My dads folks were Pawpaw and Mawmaw (spelling?)
my great grandmother was around for a few years of my life was Mamaw (pronounced mam-aw)
Mama's folks were Grandaddy and Granny
I sure miss all of them too!

H

HT2

Dude......

I use to call my Dad's parents.....

PAW PAW and MAW MAW.......

My Mom's mother I used to call .......Grandmama....... :p

7 Mag

My mother's side were Paw Paw and Maw Maw

My Father's side was Granny and Grand-daddy

My kids call my parents Paw and Nanny, my bride's Grandma

My grand-daughter calls us Paw Paw and MiMi

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
On my Ma's side it was Granddaddy and Grandmother. On my Pop's side it was MawMaw and PawPaw. Our Grandkids call us this as well. I love it.

ufg8r93

Grandparents...

I didn't realize how lucky I was as a kid/young adult. Both my grandmothers are still alive (I'm 35) and my grandfathers lived until I was 25 (Dad's dad) and 29 (Mom's dad).

Anyway, to answer the thread:

Mom's parents: Boopee and Grandfather

Dad's folks: Paw-Paw and Granny

My kids call their grandparents:

Wife's folks: Mimi and Papa

My folks: Ninny and Papa