What ever happened to acid rain?

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Nic,

I am not constrained by info from google. I've lived it.

I've sight fished carp with a bow, though never perched on a cooler for a better shot before swimming. I've ignored sight fishing gar.

I admit confusion. You've posted a pic of you in your boat before (nice graphic work, BTW), so I assume you have some real world experience with boat handling. I also assume you have made casts from your boat. So explain to me what casting from the top of a cooler does that make fishing, any fishing, better?

Thanks, Harry. It`s named after my wife and Lady, The Redhead.THE REDHEAD.jpg

NOYDB

BANNED
It`s not so much casting. It is being able to see the fish. And before you say you can see as far standing on the floor of the boat, NO, you cannot. The further up you are in a boat, the further you can see out there. Seeing fish means you have a much better chance of casting to them and catching them. Schools of reds, a tripletail under a crab float, a cobia by a buoy or cruising the edge, being higher enables you to see them better.

If you don`t believe it (and you probably won`t), go out with someone on the flats, bay or open ocean, and see for yourself.

And save your smart mouth comments for somebody else.

Wasn't trying to make a smart mouthed comment.
If I came across that way, I apologize.

I've fished with a rod and reel, a cast net and spear fished while under water. From shallow areas to the deep oceans. I'm sure some fish have swum by unobserved.

I like plastic worm fishing for bass. All the fish I've caught that way, I never saw till I landed them.

While you may like that method of fishing I post with confidence you will never stand on a cooler in your boat. Just as I'm sure you will never install a step ladder in front of your console. Yes it - could be done - but neither you nor I would ever do that. And we would both watch and laugh if we saw someone who did.

sinclair1

I've fished with a rod and reel, a cast net and spear fished while under water. From shallow areas to the deep oceans. I'm sure some fish have swum by unobserved.

I like plastic worm fishing for bass. All the fish I've caught that way, I never saw till I landed them.

While you may like that method of fishing I post with confidence you will never stand on a cooler in your boat. Just as I'm sure you will never install a step ladder in front of your console. Yes it - could be done - but neither you nor I would ever do that. And we would both watch and laugh if we saw someone who did.
I have sight fished bass on bed standing in the outboard.facepalm: Sprayed dish detergent on the beds, marked them with bamboo, you name it.

NOYDB

BANNED
I’m living proof of standing on something to elevate my height to see farther as an absolute fact. At 5’8” as an adult I’ve done it since I was able to stand. LOL

Argue with that!

Can't.

I have single 6" step stools to 24' ladders. And I'm 5'10". Tho I do try to claim another 1/2 inch when it's humid.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member

You don`t have a clue about me.

Good day.

sinclair1

How did you get the dish detergent to stay where marked?
Bed fishing is during pollen season, so a pump sprayer with dawn keeps the pollen away just like one of your science projects so you could see the fish on bed and not have to look thru pollen. Of
Course standing on the outboard helped to see them too. Sight fishing in muddy water called for extreme tactics. I no longer bed fish

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
A lot of the flats boats have towers on them to spot fish. Basically, a step ladder. It apparently works.

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
I cant see squat from down in my stick steer. But then again I've never fished the Mississippi river in Alabama

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
I’d stand on the hardtop canopy of my dad’s boat and see way more fish than him.
At the time I thought I was cheating him until he told me I wasn’t.
He said “look who’s sun burnt and who’s not” ?

carver

Chemtrails,it's caused by chemtrailsth[3].jpg

Latest posts