What for a rest?

hunter 85

What does everyone use for a solid rest for your handgun in blinds? I’ve got a field pod just not liking it. It’s got to much trash in the way being that it is meant for a rifle.

Davexx1

I use a bipod when on the ground. My Contender rests very solid on it. It helps to have the butt of the handgun rested also. Try different setups until you find what you like.

hunter 85

I’ve been shooting best off my sand bag so right now I’m thinking I’m going to cut a piece of plywood and mounting it to my field pod tripod to use my sandbag just a lot of weight carrying into the woods

Lilly001

My shooting rails are all covered with foam sleeves meant to insulate pipes.
I’ve also used pool floateezes.

frankwright

I made a set of simple shooting sticks. I made them 49" for my height for sitting on the ground, in a chair or kneeling. Nails in the bottom hold them secure.
I also sometimes use the Primos rest, it adjust easily to diferent heights.
I have also cut a sapling with a Y and cut it to the right height to use as a walking stick and a standing rest.

Attachments

• 1-shooting rests-001.jpg
    1-shooting rests-001.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 19

Dub

I made a set of simple shooting sticks. I made them 49" for my height for sitting on the ground, in a chair or kneeling. Nails in the bottom hold them secure.
I also sometimes use the Primos rest, it adjust easily to diferent heights.
I have also cut a sapling with a Y and cut it to the right height to use as a walking stick and a standing rest.

I was very impressed with how well that Primos "stick" worked for me.

Very handy as it'd collapse and fit in a backpack pocket.

Great length adjustability.

Really helps with stability of shooting hand....can pivot & lean a bit, too to offer some range of motion when aiming for a shot.

Sadly.....they are easy to lose.....ask me how I know. :rofl:

hambone76

If it’s a hub blind, get one of the gun rests that attaches to the poles, just above the hub.

Reactions: Dub

Gunpowder

Rest? We don’t need no stricken rest ! Stand or set , hold the gun with two hands and make the shot. That how real men did it !

Lonegle57

Next time you are in Bass Pro, look at the redhead tripod. One of the legs will lift to 90 degrees of the rest, giving you something to rest the grip of your gun on while still having a bipod. I have two, one I cut that leg down to use simply as a rest. Have also bubbafied some other rests to meet my handgun needs for longer shots.