What handgun will you use this year?

rwg

Are you nuts?

Rosewood

Lol. I've been called that before. Actually it's not as bad as it sounds. In my avatar that's me shooting the 338 left handed and I'm right handed. Had a brace on my right wrist so had to shoot left handed. Not a gun for inexperienced shooters but if you can handle full magnum 44s you can handle the 338. Been using it since early 2000s. Taken several deer with it. I thought it was time to take it out of semi retirement and let it hunt again. Last few years have been using 7-30 improved Contender, 7-08 Encore, and 45-70 Contender all handguns of course.

rosewood

I had a 460 barrel in the encore, it was brutal, couldn't get it to shoot like I wanted so I sold it. Now have a 454 taurus, and it is no fun developing loads for either. It is worse than my 15" 270.

Now, the 7-30 and 7tcu are quite enjoyable shooting. Just plain fun.

GunnSmokeer

I won't be handgun hunting this year, but back when I owned a first-generation T/C Contender, I thought both my .44 mag barrel and my .30-30 barrel were plenty powerful for deer hunting in the woods of north Georgia. With a decent scope that goes up to 4X magnification, I'd use either one out to 100 yards, and the .30-30 probably to 150 for a clean broadside shot.

IMG_0044.JPG

frankwright

I killed two together last year with a Contender 7-30 Waters and I have never killed a deer with my G40 10mm so I will carry it this year.

hambone76

G20 SF with a 6” Lone Wolf barrel.

pacecars

Need to shoot one with my Kimber Camp Guard but the primary will be the Ruger .480 Bisley

carver

I carried one of those on duty for several years. It's a very reliable and shootable handgun. Are you useing Heavy cast loads or just factory hollow points.
Hollow points,really like the balance of this firearm

carver

I carried one of those on duty for several years. It's a very reliable and shootable handgun. Are you useing Heavy cast loads or just factory hollow points.
Of course I have other options,
My TC Encore in 7mm080911180833[536].jpg

carver

Or My TC Contender in .223
0911180835[535].jpg