What happened to D!ck Idol?

Handgunner

When I was a kid, I couldn't wait on the next article by D!ck Idol. To me, he was "The Man" when it came to deer hunting. He was always after them, telling stories about them, showing the in's and out's, writing books, etc...

Today, he seems more involved with his art, than hunting. Don't get me wrong, the man is TALENTED when it comes to scultpures, paintings, and drawings, I just wish he hunted like he used to...

Muygrande

Delton, thank god you got rid of that AVATAR!!! I hated that thing! :bounce:
D!ck Idol was the man to me too! He and David Morris were always shooting something big! I've grown to be a collector of D.I.'s bronze's, they're great! Maybe North American Whitetail needs to do a revisit to the legend!!!

You don't think there was a falling out with them and that's why do you?? ::huh:

Jeff Phillips

http://www.****idol.com/

Not exactly what I thought he would be up to?

Well that didn't work :banginghe

Insert his 1st name in place of the **** :rolleyes:

Handgunner

Muy, I dont know, but I would like to find out why he seems to have just given up hunting... ::huh: I understand people sometimes move onto better things, maybe his was his artwork... Which is way too expensive for my wallet...

Jeff, thanks for the link!

hpurvis

Gone But Not Forgotten
Censor

MAn that spell check is tough aint it. You shouyld have called him Richard. :D

frankwright

**** Idol was never one of my favorites but he was everywhere in the outdoor world. he was on several TV shows and in all the magazines, and videos. He had a line of Deer lure and a Tree Stand sysem and a bunch of other stuff.

His bio still shows him as a "hunter and guide". It looks like he has or had a show on OLN called **** Idol's Discoveries.

I remember when he was buying all the big whitetail racks and traveling the country to all the big outdoor events and putting them on display for a fee.

Handgunner

:D Hilton -- Yep, the censor is precious ain't it? :rolleyes: :D

Frank, that's what got me thinking about him again. I was watching his show and surprisingly, there was nothing on it about hunting.. Just his artwork... ::huh:

Timberman

D!ck Idol

Guess who the fellow in the middle is. :) 1995 in Alberta. He showed up coming from Sask heading back to Montana. Had those two racks he'd got from some indians. What little time I spent around he was a nice guy. Never took his hat off. Would go in the bathroom to shower with it on come out dressed for bed with it on. ::huh: :bounce:

008261.jpg