What is best way

Buford_Dawg

to showcase deer horns that have already been removed from the skull? Back in my college days, $$$$ was not available to mount deer when I harvested them and I took my best 2 bucks of my hunting career back then and I cut the horns from the skull right around the antlers. I see these $ 9.00 mounting kits at Walmart and Kmart, but they don't really appeal to me. I have several other mounted bucks that I have taken in last 10 years when funds were available and would like to showcase these 2 other set of antlers along side them someway. Appreciate any information you can provide.

Hoyt man

why dont you just have them put on another head.I hear alot of people do it.

Jeff Phillips

I'd bet Woody could mount them for you. All you need is a cape and some dowels. Let the artist fix em up for you :D

MCBUCK

Listen to Jeff !! Let the Pro handle something like that.

Todd E

One way to showcase them is to use them in artwork. You can use them to make things such as picture frames and lamps.

sniper13

If they're bleached white looking, clean 'em good and try a coat of REAL LIGHT wood stain , and you prefer a coat of clearcoat after they are GOOD and dry. If you do something to them or just leave the way they are, Fidn an old piece of barnwood ( length for however many racks) and mount them on it. I skinned out a 23lb. turkey and "tanned' it and hung it and the beard on some old wood and I think it looks real good. Maybe try it with a not sentimental rack to see how you like the looks of it.
My 1 cent worth. (I don't have 2cents) :bounce: