What is on your bucket list ??

Dr. Strangelove

I would like to cruise the Intracoastal Waterway in a sea-worthy houseboat.

Did that, courtesy of a friend with deep pockets and a 44' long 18' beam twin cat diesel catamaran. I rode along from Charleston to Annapolis in just over two weeks, it was an awesome adventure I can't recommend enough. Memories for a lifetime, we had a blast.

I'd love to do it again someday, though I guess I'll have to downgrade my boat a bit this time.

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
I'd like to learn to recognize the little important things. Make sure I don't miss to many of them. I'd like to hunt out west a time or two, but keeping my health long enough to see my two boys become respectible men will suit me.

Dr. Strangelove

You made me realize that I have never thought about it........ Hmmm, a pontoon with a gas grill mounted on it would be what I would like to have.... to do..... have time to enjoy a pontoon with a gas grill

Had one of these too, it's a great fun.

(Dang, I guess I've had a pretty good life and never really thought about it...)

Dr. Strangelove

Now for me, own a sailboat again, travel to Europe again (not on the sailboat), travel the ICW again (on the sailboat), maybe even do the "Great Loop".

Last edited:

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
In the short term bucket is to finish our 1 1/2 year long house building project.

In the long term bucket is to visit all 50 states, about 20 to go.

Do you have the states you have visited listed in some sort of way? I did mine in a word document with the year listed by it for the first visit to that state. Helps me know which ones are left to visit and which ones are close to each other.

biggdogg

Hunting

1) Elk
2) Mule Deer
3) Antelope
4) Alaska/Yukon Moose
5) Canada Whitetail

Life

I want to see Alaska and Europe

Dr. Strangelove

Do you have the states you have visited listed in some sort of way? I did mine in a word document with the year listed by it for the first visit to that state. Helps me know which ones are left to visit and which ones are close to each other.

My parents have big wall map hanging in the garage, they color in the states they visit on each trip. Not many left.

Darien1

I want to see more states but the biggie on my list is to see the Northern Lights.

A couple of years ago I took a couple of weeks and just hit the road in my Camry and drove the back roads of America. Headed to the UP of Michigan and turned left and then across the top of the country to Montana. I think I have been to all the Western States except California and Oregon neither of which I am in a big hurry to see. Soon I hope to do the itty bitty states in the NE.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I want to see more states but the biggie on my list is to see the Northern Lights.

A couple of years ago I took a couple of weeks and just hit the road in my Camry and drove the back roads of America. Headed to the UP of Michigan and turned left and then across the top of the country to Montana. I think I have been to all the Western States except California and Oregon neither of which I am in a big hurry to see. Soon I hope to do the itty bitty states in the NE.

We did the New England trip in 2011. Flew into Boston and drove a loop of a little over 400 miles. Saw parts of 7 states within that loop.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
I've checked everything off of my bucket list. I'm just marking time now.

greg_n_clayton

I would like to spend some time in the swamps where boat is the way around. Funds will never allow it, but I would like to fly in to one of them Canadian lakes !!

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I would like to spend some time in the swamps where boat is the way around. Funds will never allow it, but I would like to fly in to one of them Canadian lakes !!

You might be surprised what a few $$$ a month will add up to if you make that a priority
Go for it

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
I want to see a ball game in every SEC football stadium.

I've got 9 out of the 14. Haven't been to Arkansas, South Carolina, UGA, Mizzou, or Texas A&M.

My bucket list would be to complete the Turkey Grand Slam. My bad knee's might prevent me from getting a Goulds and Merriams, though.