What is the world coming to? Timers on gas cooker regulators?

Dr. Strangelove

What in tarnation is this mess? Borrowed a gas burner from a friend for a crawfish boil tomorrow (some lowlife friend of mine probably has my burner, I just can't remember who I loaned it to) and discovered it had a battery operated timer thingy on the regulator that only lets it run fifteen minutes at a time!

He had never used it and I've never seen such a thing. I ended up taking off the regulator and hose and attached normal one I had lying around.

Whose idea is his and how is a good one? So every fifteen minutes I've got to crawl under a pot of boiling water/oil/whatever and relight this piece of garbage? Oh heck no. It's worse than just letting it burn in my opinion.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
If it weren’t unsafe .............Take it off and tie down the push button with a zip tie. :censored:

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
What in tarnation is this mess? Borrowed a gas burner from a friend for a crawfish boil tomorrow (some lowlife friend of mine probably has my burner, I just can't remember who I loaned it to) and discovered it had a battery operated timer thingy on the regulator that only lets it run fifteen minutes at a time!

He had never used it and I've never seen such a thing. I ended up taking off the regulator and hose and attached normal one I had lying around.

Whose idea is his and how is a good one? So every fifteen minutes I've got to crawl under a pot of boiling water/oil/whatever and relight this piece of garbage? Oh heck no. It's worse than just letting it burn in my opinion.

I had a buddy with one like that. We bypassed it. I hate safety stuff. Anti lock brakes, reverse switch on lawn tractors, etc.