What is this?

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
My neighbor was driving along in the neighborhood and found a box/case of these that evidently fell off of a truck. He said there was about 50 of them in the case.

IMG_1789.jpgIMG_1790.jpg

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Neighbor said there was a tattered paper that he and his wife could barely read in the case that said something about metal roofing bits, or something like that.

baddave

i think it's from a powder actuated tool . Hilti or ramset etc...does it smell like gunpowder?someone said drill chuck key ?? is it that small? can't tell the size

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like a conical cutting bit for some sort of boring machine.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
i think it's from a powder actuated tool . Hilti or ramset etc...does it smell like gunpowder?someone said drill chuck key ?? is it that small? can't tell the size
Looked like that to me, a bit.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master

Naw it's not that small. It would lay in the palm of your hand almost from where finger tips attach to ball of your palm where thumb attaches. It's got some weight(solid).

And looking @ top pic, the slotted part with washer apparatus attached spins 360° on the inner shaft

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
I figured the Campfire was the best place to post it for number of views.

Hornet22

ROMEO
Looks like a conical cutting bit for some sort of boring machine.
That's what I thought too. Looks like the rock teeth I used back in the day on the tip of my auger when I would dig pole holes in hard/rocky dirt. Had bout 5-6 on the piece that went on the end. Next time I go back up to the shop gonna get one to compare it to.:cheers:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Google rock auger bit.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Google rock auger bit.

I just googled it and I could see it being one of those. While I was looking at the pic my neighbor called and said, "I think it's an asphalt bit" for grinding asphalt. He said there's a young guy in our neighborhood that works for an asphalt company.

Also, on top of the box they're in it says "Road King".

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
There it is.....Road King

images