What kind of Point is this?

MossyOak

Ok, sad but true story on this point I found in my dad's back yard lastyear on Lake George, Salt Springs, Fla, while showing him how my metal detector could fine all those bottle caps & coins he hid for me.
While I was showing him what was a penny, a nickel, a quarter, I was digging a small hole when I heard a click with my shovel, as I looked down in the hole I about cried, the shovel had broke this once perfect point in half.
So I glued it together with super glue and it now sits on my mantle to remind me you never know what you will find while digging..
:cry:

Mossy

Attachments

• Point (Small).jpg
    Point (Small).jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 216

Super Dave

Man that is a huge arrowhead. Nice find. You have my luck when it comes to breaking something like that.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
That is an absolute KILLER of an Arredondo! Archaic, around 5,000 years old. Congrats on a beauty!

Just out of curiousity, how deep under the surface was it?

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Mossy, there`s a good chance there are more around where that one came from. It was a big spear point or knife blade, probably both.

Last edited:

MossyOak

Point

Can you believe it was only 1 foot deep, my dad moved some top soil around so who knows..
how old is this thing?? and what exactly is it?
what is it worth?

MossyOak

thx Al

Just my luck, worth over $1000 and now probally acouple hundred, anyone know if anybody who collects these points even if their broke ?
It suprises me that something over 5000 years old still looks this good..
Since I dont collect points it might look good in someones display, I'd be willing to sell it..

Mossy

Last edited:

Handgunner

Breaks my heart just knowing you broke it!

Nice find! Forget selling it. Keep it and know that you have the ONLY one like it in this world.

ramsey

Not a great picture but the artifact appears to have a polished sheen I have seen on very old points I have found on sandbars along creeks and rivers. It may have been brought it with fill dirt or washed in to your property. Also may be a ceremomial artifact from a burial. Many of those were broken before being placed with the body. :cheers: