What nation does Esau represent or came forth from him?

Artfuldodger

I'm trying to see how the Jacob and Esau story figures in with a similar story line with Ishmael & Isaac.
Esau, elder son of Isaac, marries the daughter of Ishmael, Machlat his cousin.

Reading that the nation that came out of Esau was the Edomites. We have Muslims or Arabs from Ishmael, Jews from Jacob, and Israelite Hebrews from Esau? Did the rest of the world descend from Esau and the Edomites?

I reread Romans 9 again to see if it would help me but it didn't.

gordon 2

I'm trying to see how the Jacob and Esau story figures in with a similar story line with Ishmael & Isaac.
Esau, elder son of Isaac, marries the daughter of Ishmael, Machlat his cousin.

Reading that the nation that came out of Esau was the Edomites. We have Muslims or Arabs from Ishmael, Jews from Jacob, and Israelite Hebrews from Esau? Did the rest of the world descend from Esau and the Edomites?

I reread Romans 9 again to see if it would help me but it didn't.
All kinds of info on the Edomites on Dr. Google. And on Youtube search Edomites. All kinds of info there also.

gordon 2

Have you considered as a definition for "generations" from and keeping with scripture the "generations" of the different groups you are studying? Especially with an eye on " This generation will not pass..." from the bible text of our generation, that is the New Testament?

This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Matt. 24:34