What new call worked for you this season?

KentuckyHeadhunter

We are always buying new calls so what worked for you this year? I am also a bit of a collector so its always a challenge to pick. I would have to say my Lonnie Mabry purple heart/cedar box and Roberts Brothers pot are stone cold killers and I can't afford to not put them in my vest. What do you like?

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
This year i've used a wingbone trumpet more than anything else. I made it from a gobbler i killed about 3 years ago and i'm liking it a lot.
I DID buy a new full size slate call from Head Trauma Calls but haven't played with it enough to give it a spot in the vest.

ChristopherA.King

My little mad hatter pocket player (dean red beard) is my absolute favorite slate call nothing else sounds like it and my Lonnie Maybry Asian cedar box call those two in my vest and if there are turkey around they will answer

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
This year i've used a wingbone trumpet more than anything else. I made it from a gobbler i killed about 3 years ago and i'm liking it a lot.
I DID buy a new full size slate call from Head Trauma Calls but haven't played with it enough to give it a spot in the vest.

I used a diapham mostly, the birds seem to like it.:D

JonathonJEB

I have had an amazing year with a staffords custom crystal pot call and stafford custom mouth calls.

chefrific

David Halloran Metal Mouth Crystal with one of Harold Fowler's finest strikers has been VERY effective. I've been running that and Woodhaven red wasp diaphragm. Killer combo this season.

hoppie

I really only used a Pecker Wrecker Pillow Talk mouth call. Came out with it this year.

Killer Kyle

I used a TopherandTick Lil' Sumpin' slate, and it called 'em in sweet!

deast1988

Houndstooth ironwood trumpet
Misfire osage trumpet
Daybreak ceramic pot

My new calls and each got birds in close

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Just a squealing hen , that's all I have in my vest !

chefrific

01Foreman400

Staff member
My go to calls

Legacy Prized Possession mouth call
Darrin Dawkins Aluminum Pot call

gregg

I started messing around with home made scratch boxes this year.....I called in 2 birds with one of them and my brother called in 3 as well with another one I built. He killed 2 of his birds, I missed one and blew another opportunity at 25 yards....But, the dang calls sound absolutely amazing and are my new favorite, nothing sounds as good to me. Used Black Walnut with Cedar soundboards with cedar striker/peg. Fun to hunt with my own calls too.

Timber1

BANNED
Woodhaven Blue Venom.
Got a trumpet from Anthony but didnt get good enough on it to use this season. Next year for sure.