What new gadget are you going to try this year

Jim Boyd

Think I am about “gatgeted out” these days.

Since I quit gun hunting, I have found my pack lightened up.

Smaller binos, etc.

Might get a new, slightly larger thermos bottle to put my soups and stews in so I can have a good, hot lunch on the stand.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
elfiii...Here's the specs. We'll see if the hype translates into reality. For short guy like me I should be able to reach bout 14 ft up a tree with this thing which is more than I need. Stay tuned...

View attachment 933443

Get an extra battery, two extra batteries is even better. I have a 40v pole saw and love it but they don't run down, they just quit when the battery is done. Nothing worse than having to stop what your doing and wait an hour or so for the battery to recharge itself. I just ordered two more off ebay so I will have 3 and I have to get another 60v for my chainsaw so I will have two of them.

Prudent and I was thinking the same thing.

Don't need any more hunting gadgets but did order me my own father's day gift gadget...Oregon lithium battery powered pole saw. Delivered today to my son's house and can't wait to hear his assessment of this contraption. I'm tired of extending the old style hand held pole saws to keep the limb creep from closing in on interior roads. After a couple of weekends of putting it to use I'll post a review in the Gear Review section. Thinking I'm gonna like this thing.
Youre gonna love it. I bought a 40v last summer from lowes and its the best $ ive spent in years.

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
A short paring knife to reach up in the the sternum to the cavity behind the lungs and cut the esophagus during field dressing, where my regular skinner can hardly maneuver.
Just reach in and grab the trachea above the lungs, slip your skinning knife between two ribs up near the neck from the outside, then snip the trachea and esophagus.

tree cutter 08

Yep I've got to get to the loading bench to load up another batch. I used all i had up last year. Been thinking about adding a ruger 77/44 may to the collection to use in a few thick places.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
We are getting a new chainsaw and putting Wesson oil in the lube the chain area. Cut that deer up in no time.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
I like my Ozonics but I love my Ozone Generator!! You can get one on Ebay for under $100, set you up a small wardrobe closet to hang your cloths in and turn that thing on for 15 minutes and you'll be amazed at difference you'll see out in the field, especially with a swirling wind.

A shower would do the same thing... :biggrin2:

deast1988

I got a New Weatherby Mark V Arroyo, I'm 6.5/300wby mag. For the fields this fall. Last year the 6.5creedmoor did awesome. So I figured the extra speed should do well for me this fall.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I've got a dedicated circular saw for cutting up shanks and shoulders.
We really use a sawzaw a lot. Get the meat good and firm in the freezer and cut different pieces. Round steaks. Shoulder steaks. We also use it as we skin one out. More on hogs. We may split them down the back. Then firm good in freezer then cut steaks & chops.

Gaswamp

Don't need any more hunting gadgets but did order me my own father's day gift gadget...Oregon lithium battery powered pole saw. Delivered today to my son's house and can't wait to hear his assessment of this contraption. I'm tired of extending the old style hand held pole saws to keep the limb creep from closing in on interior roads. After a couple of weekends of putting it to use I'll post a review in the Gear Review section. Thinking I'm gonna like this thing.
look forward to the review

Huntmaster2

A stock pack from Triad to add to my deer rifle. It should help me shoot more consistently and have more natural sight picture.

Also just got a fourth arrow camera arm that will hopefully help me video more hunts.

jaybirdius

Just picked up 4 "Deer Crossing" signs. Gonna hang one pair at 30 yards crossing the food plot and the other at 150 yards. That way I know the exact yardage to where the deer come out into the plot.

chrislibby88

On-x maps is my newest gadget. Got it late turkey season and started playing with it. Already scouting some northern WMAs with it. Might get a new climber, something easy to hike-in, but other than that I’m set.