What reel

Rabun

If you're a spinning reel guy..like me, my new favorite is the new Daiwa BG...love that reel so far.

Coenen

If you're a spinning reel guy..like me, my new favorite is the new Daiwa BG...love that reel so far.
Mine too. I've got a 2000 and a 2500, been really happy with both so far.

What sizes do you have? ; I was looking at a 3000, but the shank leading up to the reel foot seems really short in comparison to the size of the rotor. Seems like it might be a bit awkward to handle. If you've got one of the larger sizes, has that been an issue at all?

Rabun

Mine too. I've got a 2000 and a 2500, been really happy with both so far.

What sizes do you have? ; I was looking at a 3000, but the shank leading up to the reel foot seems really short in comparison to the size of the rotor. Seems like it might be a bit awkward to handle. If you've got one of the larger sizes, has that been an issue at all?

I've got the 3000...are you thinking the rotor might hit your knuckles as you reel? No issue at all with that and the reel is very balanced. I have a shimano that will hit my knuckles...drives me crazy.

Coenen

I've got the 3000...are you thinking the rotor might hit your knuckles as you reel? No issue at all with that and the reel is very balanced. I have a shimano that will hit my knuckles...drives me crazy.
Exactly was I was thinking. I don't have big hands, but it just seemed like there needed to be more space there. I'll do what I should've done in the first place, and ask the store if I can try it out on an actual rod before I commit.

Also funny, since I'm looking at BG3000's to replace some of my older model low-end Shimanos. Line lay is the issue for me, they both lay an hourglass, which just will not fly with braid.