What rod to pair with Shimano Curado HG200CD

Got a nice reel for my birthday. Looking for a rod to go with it. Mostly fish Texas rigs, frogs, or crank baits. Trying to to not break the bank. Any thoughts?
Thanks

Tight Lines

Nice reel! I've been buying Duckett rods lately and had good luck. I really like their bait casting rods. I fished with a guide up in TN on Tim's Ford Lake who used them a decade or more ago and really liked them...all my bait casters are Duckett since then.

https://duckettfishing.com/jacob-wheeler-select/

I have the Micro Magic Pro and Salt Series...

BeerThirty

I've been slowly transitioning my baitcasting rods to Dobyns.

I don't know if they still make it, but this is my HD frog rod. Works great on other big baits for topwater or even big swimbaits.

Dobyns Champion XP Split Cast Rod 7'3" Hvy XFast

pbradley

Got a nice reel for my birthday. Looking for a rod to go with it. Mostly fish Texas rigs, frogs, or crank baits. Trying to to not break the bank. Any thoughts?
Thanks
Just saw a nice Shimano Clarus at Academy for about 90 bucks.

Tight Lines

I wouldn’t mess with the ducketts. Dobyns has a good warranty program.
I don't have any Dobyns but have heard good things. Assumed they were out of the "break the bank" range.

I have Penn, G. Loomis, and St. Croix that I like, but likely more expensive...they are all travel rods though, so that makes them more costly out of the gate...

Shimano themselves make good rods that pair nicely with their reels, but not inexpensive...and I think mostly if not all single piece...

If I break a Duckett, it's like $100-150 which isn't trivial, but it isn't $400-500 either...

I might have to try a Dobyns next!

Jdmb123

I don't have any Dobyns but have heard good things. Assumed they were out of the "break the bank" range.

I have Penn, G. Loomis, and St. Croix that I like, but likely more expensive...they are all travel rods though, so that makes them more costly out of the gate...

Shimano themselves make good rods that pair nicely with their reels, but not inexpensive...and I think mostly if not all single piece...

If I break a Duckett, it's like $100-150 which isn't trivial, but it isn't $400-500 either...

I might have to try a Dobyns next!

If you break a dobyns and they don’t cover it, you only pay a fraction of the cost of the new rod and they send you a new one.

I use quite a few shimanos as well and like them but the warranty isn’t that good.

Now I have a local guy who repairs my out of warranty rods and has kept me from throwing a lot of them away.

Tight Lines

If you break a dobyns and they don’t cover it, you only pay a fraction of the cost of the new rod and they send you a new one.

I use quite a few shimanos as well and like them but the warranty isn’t that good.

Now I have a local guy who repairs my out of warranty rods and has kept me from throwing a lot of them away.
I'll have to check them out...

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I've been slowly transitioning my baitcasting rods to Dobyns.

I don't know if they still make it, but this is my HD frog rod. Works great on other big baits for topwater or even big swimbaits.

Dobyns Champion XP Split Cast Rod 7'3" Hvy XFast
My last 3 rods are Dobyns and I got them at Academy.…….love them and I think they are in the $80 range