What would you do?

Hawire

Before bow season 2 yrs. ago I purchased a new Pearson bow. Well on the 3rd Sat. of the season last year the bottom limb broke.The only thing holding it together was the data plate on the limb. I took it back to the dealer and he called Pearson and told them what happened,I also overheard him say this was his second to come back and was this going to be a problem he was going to have to deal with often. He replaced the bow,without a problem. Well today as I was shooting,the new replacement bow-which is about a year old now does the same thing! While I was at full draw! I'm getting tired of this. I have faith in the dealer will do what's right,but I don't think I want another Pearson. So,what would you do? Let warranty handle it or try to make another deal on a bow of equal value?

gabowman

Two bows alike doing the same thing? What's the odds? I'd let Pearson replace the bow with a brand new one and trade it off to the dealer immediately. As long as the dealer sells them, he'd have to give you retail for your brand new Pearson on a trade.

GB

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I would be in touch with the Pearson rep directly. Bad kharma for 2 different bows to do the same thing.

Jim

rip18

Had a similar problem with a Bear bow several years ago. The first time, I took it to the shop where I bought it in Mississippi, & they got a new set of limbs from Bear & replaced them on Bear's nickel. The second time it happened, we had moved to Georgia. Went to a new shop, explained what had happened, they called Bear. We sent Bear the whole bow this time rather than getting parts. I got Bear's newest bow back in the mail within 2 weeks at no cost to me. Hope you have as good of luck with your experience! :)

Hawire

Just talked to the bow shop.The guy wasn't there,so I talked to his wife and she remembers the first bow.Now,here's the kicker-maybe you need to call Pearson,they made the bow. We won't be back until Thursday. You can bet I'll call Pearson. The vibe I got was that they were not going to mess with it.Maybe I'm wrong,but that's the feeling I get. I think I'll start at the top and work my way down,this is too many times that this has happened. Just glad I haven't got hurt yet. :mad: :banginghe

D

dave

It's time to

ditch Pearson and your dealer. Pearson should work with you, since there's 10,000+ product liability and personal injury lawyers in GA.

I think I'd remind Pearson and the dealer of the potential for injury, and the possible need of legal help. That should get them moving. What's that guys name ...... "One call, that's all" ??? ;)

reylamb

I am not going to tell you to ditch the Pearson, they make good bows. I will however advise you to ditch your dealer. Contrary to what was said, it is their problem.

DanSmith

Banned
whew , AT FULL DRAW!! yikes , I will never shoot a pearson . Glad you did not get hurt -- easy way to get killed at full draw and a razor sharp broadhead in the bow!! I would want a refund to buy a better bow!! my2c :(

robertyb

I shot a Pearson for the past 20 or so years. Only problem I ever had was a string breaking on it after about 10 years of constant shooting (my fault as it should have been replaced). My dealer broke down the whole bow and checked it for damage, installed new bushings, new string, etc. and only charged me for the new string. I still have the bow but it is my backup now.

I can't help but wonder if you are doing something to stress the limb that has broken twice! Are you by any chance leaning your bow up in a corner of a closet or something that might stress the limb? Once is a freak accident, twice, something is wrong....

Hawire

As for how the bow is stored: I store it in a hard case laying flat on the floor of my "hunting" room. The only time it comes out of the case is when I use it.Then it goes back in. When I let the bow down from my treestand I hook the rope to the bottom cam.This is the limb that broke,it NEVER touches the ground first. The first bow blew up while I was riding down the road to the deer woods. I can't see where I put "undue" stress on the bow.I shoot Goldtip 55/75 arrows at 29" with 100 grain tips,and the bow at only 63#. There is NO way this bow is overstressed.
On top of that either bow has NEVER been dry fired. I've been shooting archery tackle for about 15 yrs. I could care less on shooting the fastest arrow around,just the straightest.