What Would You Do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1

gunnurse

So I am in a local big chain convenience store. The customer in front of me buys a pack of cigarettes (more or less $5.00+) After she pays for then, she decides that she wants to buy two roses at the checkout counter. She's about 90 cents short. The cashier says, "Oh, don't worry about it." She then proceeds to open up the donation box for the Children's Miracle Network and take the money out of the box. I asked her if the manager ever watches the store video, and wasn't she worried about being caught stealing from the CMN donation box. She said "Oh, we're allowed to do that- the manager knows."

Would you 1)Mind your own business; or 2) Call the district manager; 3) Call the CMN local office; or 4) Both 2 & 3?

Horns

That’s about lowdown. You say don’t worry about it for 5 cents or so. I would definitely call the manager (2)

Big7

Probably a fake collection jar. I'd think, especially in this day and age, CMN and the like would not have a jar but a locking receptacle. But they may not. That would be stupid.

I only give to charity when I know EXACTLY who the administrators are. That's not a jar on the counter of a beer/lotto sto'. I send a check via mail or donate in church when the plate is passed around.

Thread starter #9

gunnurse

This thread, by the way, is nothing more than a little test to check human nature.

I don't stick myself into other people's lives. Nor care what they are thinking. If I felt the need I would pull and donate money from my own pocket. Nothing anyone has ever done at a checkout line is important enough to occupy a second of my time. Nor do I pay the much attention to what they are doing.

specialk

I have never nor will i put money in a jar on a counter......doesnt bother me...id move on...

I don't stick myself into other people's lives. Nor care what they are thinking. If I felt the need I would pull and donate money from my own pocket. Nothing anyone has ever done at a checkout line is important enough to occupy a second of my time. Nor do I pay the much attention to what they are doing.
The quintessential fat and happy attitude and the reason that Mr Burke wrote,
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

5. Get the name of the clerk, the store manager and the store number and its' address. Write a letter to the President of the company and tell him what happened.

6. Mrs. elfiii's solution - do all of 5. above but call the President of the company. (I've seen Mrs. elfiii do it and brother believe me when I tell you she can get through to the CEO of any Fortune 500 company on the phone.) Tell the President what you witnessed and what you're going to do about it (Contact the TV stations) if he doesn't make something happen ricky tick.

The quintessential fat and happy attitude and the reason that Mr Burke wrote,
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
I live in the real world. I don't have to put on a show so that others will know how virtuous I am. I notice that the OP didn't do anything either. I always have more than .90 in my pocket at any given time so if (and it doesn't) I felt the need to rectify the situation I would pay for the rest of the roses.

She didn't need the roses.
Let's change the scineroo a little bit.
What if she had a child with her and was short 1.50 for a gallon of milk and the cashier covered it from the same jar. Also she did not buy the smokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.