What would you guess this hog weighs?

Robert28

Sorry for the not so great picture quality, using an older camera on this stand. Never seen a hog at this stand until now. Wish I had a better pic but he's only in 2 of them and this was the better one. Here's a pic of a young buck standing in the same spot for reference.
IMG_3537.JPGIMG_3536.JPG

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
That's a biggun'. Easily 250 lbs. Maybe 350.

Robert28

Thanks, I was going to guess 250-300 myself. I hope he's just passing through but since he found food I'm sure he will be back.

catch22

hopefully its a lone boar hog just passing through. we have a piece of land that we occasionally get a pic of a big boar and thats it.

would know you have problems if you see a momma and babies

BassHunter25

Thanks, I was going to guess 250-300 myself. I hope he's just passing through but since he found food I'm sure he will be back.

I’d say closer to 250
Those big boars can be roamers. We have a couple big ones that pass through every other month or so. You would think when they find corn they would stick around but they have other things in their mind. And unless there is a sow nearby probably won’t stick around.
But if you want the best chance of him to stick around. Sour some corn and dig a hole. We were able to actually get some of these hogs on a pattern with soured corn.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I would guess in the 200-300 lb. range, too. Hogs are usually heavier than they look, deer are usually lighter than they look.

krizia829

My boss just shot one this weekend here in FL very similar in size and his was 225 and he looked huge like yours!

Highintheshoulder

My guess would be 275