What's the best deal out there on a entry level cross bow setup package.(New, not used)

mattuga

Banned
I just bought one so I've researched everything out right now. I'm new to crossbow and wanted the best budget bow on market, I research a lot for most of my purchases and I came down to the Bear Karnage Apocalypse. I really enjoy shooting it and the accuracy really surprises me. ebay has them for $227 shipped to your door. I was deciding between that and the Carbon Express Piledriver 390, the reviews for the Karnage crossbow just speak for themselves to me in my research. If you are buying multiple you could always provide options for winners/bidders.

Quote from a full review:
"But if for whichever reason, you're looking for: 1) a premium crossbow, 2) with a comprehensive accessory package, from a 3) reputable brand, 4) without breaking the bank, the Bear Karnage Apocalypse is the answer."

https://bowgrid.com/bear-karnage-apocalypse-crossbow-review/

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I just bought one so I've researched everything out right now. I'm new to crossbow and wanted the best budget bow on market, I research a lot for most of my purchases and I came down to the Bear Karnage Apocalypse. I really enjoy shooting it and the accuracy really surprises me. ebay has them for $227 shipped to your door. I was deciding between that and the Carbon Express Piledriver 390, the reviews for the Karnage crossbow just speak for themselves to me in my research. If you are buying multiple you could always provide options for winners/bidders.

Quote from a full review:
"But if for whichever reason, you're looking for: 1) a premium crossbow, 2) with a comprehensive accessory package, from a 3) reputable brand, 4) without breaking the bank, the Bear Karnage Apocalypse is the answer."

https://bowgrid.com/bear-karnage-apocalypse-crossbow-review/

This is what I got for Christmas.....love love love!

shdw633

Yeah I was pretty stoked about it. I put it together and have played around with it. I think i'm gonna upgrade the scope.

I did that with my Ambush 410. I bought a Hawke Vari-Speed that allows you to match the scope to the speed of your bow and am extremely satisfied with it. I have no issues shooting out to 60 plus yards with it accurately. I would recommend a crank system for your bow which I think you can pick up on ebay for around $70, very nice to have if you are in a cramped situation, like a climber or ladder stand.

Wayne D Davis

Barnett Game Crusher..... Dick's Sporting goods.... great deal and very accurate. Had mine since last bow season. Another to look at is the Barnett recruit recurve...... less than 180 price tag....I also have one for over 3 seasons

fishman1957

I've been using a Barnett rino for 10 years or so very accurate but really heavy and bulky last year I bought a carbon express blade for less than $200 came complete and used same bolts as barnett very light , accurate and compact

deast1988

I just got a PSE RDX off eBay new old stock. 2018 bow, brand new in the box came with 3 bolts, scope, quiver, soft case, crank cocker, 400fps $325 to my door. Retail on it was $999.99

PSE-RDX400 is the model I got, made a guy an offer he sccepeted even though it was a good bit less then he was asking.

Ben1100Mag

Carbon Force X Blade is one that I have. Seems to do the job on deer.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I just got a PSE RDX off eBay new old stock. 2018 bow, brand new in the box came with 3 bolts, scope, quiver, soft case, crank cocker, 400fps $325 to my door. Retail on it was $999.99

PSE-RDX400 is the model I got, made a guy an offer he sccepeted even though it was a good bit less then he was asking.

That’s why you make offers! Way to go!
I will probably be after a cranking device the first time I try to cock it in a tree stand.?

shdw633

I will probably be after a cranking device the first time I try to cock it in a tree stand.?

I went one season without one.....there's one on there now. The cost a bit, but they are worth it!!