What's the weirdest thing you've found while hunting?

Lukikus2

Found a dead doe in the woods one day. No sign of gun shot or any other trauma other than having a big hole in her rear. I kicked her and a possum came flying out her rear. Scared me a bit.

builditbreakit

Find

Found a airplane in middle of ocmulgee river this year while duck hunting.
If its your pleases bring me the radio so I can see if it still works.

Attachments

• airplane 2.jpg
    airplane 2.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 3,232

Lukikus2

Oh man, that hurt someone's feelings. Your holding $300.00 worth of plane, servo's and motor. Evidently they didn't think they needed new rubber bands on the wing. Seen that happen before.

Dylank15

Found an old well on our lease. it had an old tri-cycle in the bottom of it... i didnt look for the kid.

Also one night i took a few buddies coon huntin. I parke where I ALWAYS park. and walked down a ridge i ALWAYS walk down to deer hunt and coon hunt. got down to the end of the ridge where it dumps off in a creek bottom there was no creek......... this really freaked me out. so i kept walking in the direction the creek was supposed tgo be in and i started walkin up the other side of the hollar. still no sign of a creek. no creek bed, no water, no nothing. i got scared and we left.... haha:rofl: wierd thing was we walked right back the way we came and came out right in front of the truck where we went in... i still to this day havent figured out where we were at.

Fat Daddy

When I was a kid I'd go exploring the woods on our property.
Once I came up on the finest marigold patch I'd ever seen on the back side of our land. My mom loved flowers so I pulled her up a couple hills for her flower bed. When I got home with my flowers for Mom, things got a little strange. Dad came home early from the Fire Dept. and made me show him where I found the "flower patch". He then proceeded to use the tractor and rotary mower to destroy the crop of flowers.

When I was a kid I'd go exploring the woods on our property.
Once I came up on the finest marigold patch I'd ever seen on the back side of our land. My mom loved flowers so I pulled her up a couple hills for her flower bed. When I got home with my flowers for Mom, things got a little strange. Dad came home early from the Fire Dept. and made me show him where I found the "flower patch". He then proceeded to use the tractor and rotary mower to destroy the crop of flowers.

why did he do that:huh:

Rackbuster

I thought this was neat.I found this while hunting piedmont.There was a grave site and trails leading to it farther back from where this is.This was by itself and you could see mound of dirt that was foundation of the house and big rocks that were used for pillows for the house.I love the way they put the wifes name on headstone.It said Lucey
Wife of
Lee Johnson

She was a kind and affectionale
wife and mother and
a friend to all.

Attachments

• downsized_1027001239.JPG
    downsized_1027001239.JPG
    161.1 KB · Views: 2,971
Drone

Hunting on Fort Stewart I found a drone airplane that had crashed during WW2. Ft Stewart was used to train Anti aircraft gunners during WW2 . The drone had been shot up and had 50 cal holes all in it. I also found an unexploded mortar round stuck in an oak tree on Ft Stewart. Of course I reported it to the MP game warden and EOD took care of it. The game warden said it was no big deal they found them all the time. I think that was 1978, a long time ago.

REDFOXJR

I found a Black Bear skull 3 years ago in MONROE county while scouting.

Last year i found about 30 pot plants growing in plastic cups about 10 feet off of the Bond Swamp NWR property line.......i just kicked them over and nicely watered them.

where in monroe did you find the bear skull?:pop:

Budda

Wile huntin one year down in south ga i found a cannon sunk n tha mud. my truck hada big wench on the front of it. after a hour of tuggin, i wasnt able to git it out of the mudy bank. i did git a wagen wheel tho. the cannon is prolly still there.

bearcat Z7

saw an oppossum with palmettoes growing out of his rear, actually though thtey might have been just stuck but actually had fresh growth and i was hunting with my dad when i was probably about 10 so i had a witness

The biggest start I ever got was hiking up in the Superstition mtns in AZ. Plenty of people have died out there. I was standing on this big boulder looking over a canyon when I glanced down I saw what looked like the top of a bleached out human skull. My heart skipped a beat, but at close examination it was an old bleached out desert tortoise shell.
I found a little Boy Scout hunting knife. Now days I doubts kids are allowed anywhere near knives. Funny thing is, it holds an edge better than just about any knife I own.
We hiked down to this creek and found a set of car keys hanging from a branch. Maybe the owner had a spare key when he got back to his car and decided he wasn't hiking all the way back for the originals. Or he was riding with someone else.
With all the dead bodies they find around here(mostly drugs ect.)I figure it's only a matter of time before I stumble across one.

peezee

an ATM machine.

rode with the cops and showed them where it was, turns out it was pulled out of a store with a truck.

yes, i checked it for any money bandits missed.

ryanh487

the tough guys bragging about shooting dogs...... is there a wimp icon?

if there were a bunch of dogs threatening my pet or personal well-being, i would lay them out without a second thought. a dog fighting circuit was busted up near our club, and when the cops showed up the guys release all the dogs. we had numerous pitbulls that were more or less wild animals roaming our club as a pack, and they chased a member on his fourwheeler. they were shot on sight until there were no more to worry about.

Almost forgot about the Indian memorial I found. We we hiking back up this drainage and there in the middle of the creek on a boulder was a saddle bridle and blanket. I mentioned it to a friend who happed to mention it to a Navajo at work and he explained, in the old days they would kill the indians horse and place it near water(to drink)so the brave could visit it. Now it's done as a symbolic gesture; the horse doesn't get killed.