whats youre setup this fall?

ky_longbow

just kinda curious...... what are you gonna be packing into the fall woods------ its just a month away here in KY until deer season----- im pumped and ready to make meat----:banana:

ill be sitting in stand with my Lewis Hollow Archery combo, with the 53# recurve limbs attached and GT 5575 with a 4 bld magnus stinger -----shes a smooth sweet shooter

DSC00753.jpg

Last edited:

reviveourhomes

My Osage Hybrid, AD Nitro Lites and 250gr STOS heads on the end.

Last edited:

ChrisSpikes

HH Cheetah 57 @ 27, GT 3555's, and razor sharp 190 gr. Simmons Interceptors to do the killin'.

Chris

SOS

El Cheapo goes for Chapter 2...

I'll be schlepping my homemade TD longbow, about 50@29-ish. Hometwisted D97 w/halo serving slinging 5575 31" Goldtips with 100 brass inserts and 250 grain Grizzlies with Ashby grind on the business end. And, of course, homesplit and ground wild turkey fletching steering it....and note the gaudy cresting....seems to match the colors in the South African flag...hoping for some good MOJO for my safari....woo-hoo!

Attachments

• P1030558.jpg
    P1030558.jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 1,375

Dennis

Im toting a Wes Wallace longbow 51# @ 26" carbon express 150 arrows with 50 grains inserts and a magnus 125 2 blade head

frankwright

Howard Hill Cheetah ( Do I see a trend?) 53@27, Gold Tip 35/55 arrows with either Wensel Woodsmen or Zwickly Deltas.

G&L Mantis Hunter 52@ 28, same arrows and BHs.

WildWillie

I'll be using a Flatwoods Custom Bows 57#@28" recurve with beman ics hunter arrows with stos broadheads.

ky_longbow

Howard Hill Cheetah ( Do I see a trend?) 53@27, Gold Tip 35/55 arrows with either Wensel Woodsmen or Zwickly Deltas.

G&L Mantis Hunter 52@ 28, same arrows and BHs.

yep i see a trend------been wanting to try a Hill bow----- thought of ordering one awhile back------ think ill try to pick up a used one ---they are just few and far bewteen---

reviveourhomes

Its good to see you over here Jim!

Steve those Grizzlys look dangerous!!

BkBigkid

Not sure which one I will tote Yet
either the quillian 61#
or the pse 50#
or the Damon Hoyatt at 51#
all slinging 2018 aluminum with a 125 Broad head Not sure of the Brand yet, Have some satellite Heads and some Muzzy heads left from the wheelie days.

choctawlb

Osage self bow 62#@26"
Rivercane arrows,Turkey Tail feathers, Southeastern 2 fletch
sinew wrapped.
Mississippian triangles made from Flint River Chert
Ken Purdy

gblrklr

I'll use my Brackenbury Shadow 51#@28", GT 3855's, and I'm going to give the Muzzy Phantom's a shot.

Chactaw, I would really like to see a pic of your setup.

Mudfeather

Brack Quest 55# shooting 2216s with 210grs of Deltas doin the cuttin....

A homemade Hill style longbow that 56# shooting a 2117 with the same sharp heads

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
well i'll be toting a pronghorn ferret IV recurve, 52# @ 29" so it should be 49# @ my 28" draw......55/75 GT camo blems with 450grs up front......for a total arrow weight of 700grns.....

dutchman

Bear Byron Ferguson Patriot, 55#@28", D97 Flemish Twist string, CE Heritage 350s, Magnus 4-blades, Selway quiver

I am messing with the idea of going with a heavier broadhead, but this is what I have so far.

Auchumpkee Creek Assassin

Gone But Not Forgotten
Black Widow recurve, 55#'s @ 31", allum shafts with magnus stingers,and some hickory shafts with some stone points.