When and where were did you get saved?

vanguard1

Banned
well for me it was in 1979 in my bedroom I was 15, I had went to church all my life but did not know if it was real, so my prayer was "God I have heard about you all my life but I dont know if you are real, if you are please come in my heart and change me" and he did. but I fell away at 19, but God was allways calling me back and it has been years of falling and getting back up to go again.

Last edited:

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
Re:

No doubt. Right here:

"In 1973 Graham returned to Atlanta for a six-night crusade at Atlanta–Fulton County Stadium, which drew nightly audiences of between 35,000 and 44,000 people."

That night started a long hard road to walk with my Savior and Lord. Mnay bumps and bruises and failures along the way, but my God is faithful and will continue to be! Praise Him!

christianhunter

December 23,1989,at the foot of my bed.I'm Baptist,and was convicted,watching Catholic Mass.They were speaking in latin,and I can't speak latin.The overwhelming conviction came over me,and I knew I had to be saved then and there.

hummerpoo

Gone but not forgotten
Summer, 1961, High Point Baptist Church. I was 13 years old. I didn't "go forward", that would have been impossible. The Holy Spirit overwhelmed me with a power that was greater than anything that I could hope to describe.

By 1965 I had been drawn away by the world and didn't give God a serious thought again until 1987. The road back has been slow but steady. He has lead me in increasing service to Him for the last twenty years. And when I see how my over twenty years away effect my approach to that service, I have to think that He was there all the time.

Mako22

BANNED
Fall of 1991 I had just left a man's house who witnessed to me from the bible after his wife fed me a nice southern meal. While driving my truck on the way home I repented of my sin and asked Jesus to save me. When I did this I trusted Christ alone for salvation and not in myself. The moment I asked him to save me a peace came on me that I had never felt before, for the first time ever I felt forgiveness from the creator of the universe. I back slid bad a few years later but he never left me and he never gave up on me. Before I got saved I was an avowed athiest and hated Christians, I had only been in a church 2 or 3 times in my life and that was as a little kid. After I got saved I got baptized the right way (immersion for believers only) and joined the local baptist church. It was an old baptist that invited me over to his house for dinner that night not even really knowing me. It was an old baptist that showed me love and shared the gospel with me, I figure I'll be a baptist until I die.

Gabassmaster

First Consolation baptist church when i was 13 or 14.

1gr8bldr

Vacation bible school

stringmusic

I dont know the date or time.:huh:

stringmusic

do you know where?

I dont really know where exactly, at a friends house or in my yard or worshiping with the church, somewhere like that.
The when and where dont really matter to me, just as long as I have the relationship. I cant remeber who said it, but but it went something along the lines of I cant tell you when exactly the sun came up today, I just know its up now.

Gabassmaster

I dont really know where exactly, at a friends house or in my yard or worshiping with the church, somewhere like that.
The when and where dont really matter to me, just as long as I have the relationship. I cant remeber who said it, but but it went something along the lines of I cant tell you when exactly the sun came up today, I just know its up now.

i hear that but! But a lot of new believers i know like to remember when and where, Because the devil is a strange man. When your not saved he will tell you over and over that you dont need it, then when you get saved he tells you that you dont have it lol he just dont make no since to me, but a lot of new believers like to hold on to when in where so if the devil ever tries to tell em they didnt get it the first time they will take him back to the alter where they got saved because i dont care who you are when you very first get saved the devil will throw every trick in the book at you.

rjcruiser

Well...after getting done with my shift as a waiter at Applebee's where they serve alcohol, I had a beer last night and smoked a cigar. God has an eraser.....but prayed the prayer after and took a bath to get rid of the smell....so last night in my bedroom must be when and till the next time I sin...I should be good to go.

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
A person doesn't have to look back decades ago to find proof of their salvation.
Your today should prove just fine.

vanguard1

Banned
well when i hear someone say " i have been a christian all my life" that is not possible, you have a natural birthday you have to have a spiritual birthday.

storeman

While listening to an old time preacher proclaim the word of God at church. The Spirit of God showed me I was lost and on my way to a sinners heII. I confessed my sins, and asked Jesus into my heart. I had never known peace like came over me that night. I was forever changed.

Huntinfool

I was saved on a hill called "calvary" about 2000 years ago when a man I did not know died a brutal death on a cross...