When are you cutting your field?

Thread starter #1

biged156

Whos cutting and who’s burning? And when do you plan to?

I’ve cut our 10acre millet field for hay (because of the rain we cut when we could). We still have 5acres of millet and sunflowers. I like to burn this but idk when we will get a chance because of the weather. Anyways. What’s your plans for your field?

fowl player

I have the same question but I think Ill cut four or five ten foot strips mid august around the 15-18th and turn those under four or five days before the season with the rain forcast in mind comes in and cut a pass on both sides of the fresh dirt of each strip after I turn them. ill prob harrow around my flowers and cut one five foot pass in the middle of them and turn that too right there close to the first.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Cutting millet this year is going to be very hard to time with all of this rain. Just getting it dry enough to cut is going to be a battle. Then, any that hits the ground is going to sprout in no time if hit with a little moisture.

Cutting millet this year is going to be very hard to time with all of this rain. Just getting it dry enough to cut is going to be a battle. Then, any that hits the ground is going to sprout in no time if hit with a little moisture.
Sray with round up when it matures by the 20th only cut a few strips let rest lay over off the ground That my method our birds eat moe of the seed off the layed over millet than the strips

We had a lot of birds 3 weeks ago. They are slowly dwindling down to less than 100 now. All of this rain is making it difficult this year for me. I think I am just going to wait until late next week to start anything else and hope for the best.