When game wardens write tickets, the fine money goes to the county..

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Now would a moderator please sticky that so people will stop asking it over and over again after being told repeatedly. :mad:

And here's the law---AGAIN---for proof.

27-1-14. Disposition of fines and forfeitures

The proceeds from all fines and forfeitures arising from criminal prosecution for violation of the wildlife laws, rules, and regulations shall, except as otherwise specifically provided in this title, be applied initially to payment of the fees of the officers of the trial court and court costs as prescribed by law. Any money remaining after such disposition shall be remitted promptly by the clerk of the court in which the case is disposed of to the county treasurer of the county in which the fine is assessed, who shall deposit the funds in the general funds of the county.

T

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Consider it done, Brother T.

Are you sure? Because I read on the internet that .................................:bounce::bounce: :bounce:

Last edited:

GA DAWG

I figured it out on my own a few years ago!

Thank you.

I always thought it was the state ,but I was wrong. None the less the money goes to local Govt. and If you get fined you wont have the money, The local govt. will. I think it is better to obey the law. Dont you?

Parker

Interesting way of doing things.

Here in Missouri, the fines get earmarked for the Department of Education to put the money in that county's school budget.

And.....the rumors continue here too that our local fish and game lines their own pockets.

Had a warden put it to me this way.......Quota? No, no quota. I can write just as many tickets as I want!

Parker

General Lee

This is the best way.If it went to the state,there would probably be set amounts for each ticket.This way,the Judges can take care of their voters.............

REB 73

mister like the way u wear that hat. you dont know nuttin':rofl:

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
see, a moderator thinks he's gonna be smart and untack this and all of a sudden the same question comes up in another thread.

T

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Just keep answering it T. It's called job security. LOL

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
see, a moderator thinks he's gonna be smart and untack this and all of a sudden the same question comes up in another thread.

T

Its not nice to openly question the mods ;) A link to this thread is contained in one of the sticky threads that is still at the top of the forum.

We had a dozen stickys that was just too much. look around up there and you will find it.

Forest Grump

We can always bump it with an occaisional post, T.:bounce:

Interesting way of doing things.

Here in Missouri, the fines get earmarked for the Department of Education to put the money in that county's school budget.

And.....the rumors continue here too that our local fish and game lines their own pockets.
Had a warden put it to me this way.......Quota? No, no quota. I can write just as many tickets as I want!
Parker

If the game & fish fines go to the Department of Education, there needs to be a requirement that they be used to educate people on what the game laws are!