Where are you going opening day

jason308

I know it's early, but where do yall think you will be hunting opening day of duck season this year? If the swamps stay good at my club I will hunt there and if not I will probably hunt Lake Hartwell. You can never be too prepared you know, lots of planning, etc... :bounce: The decoys are rigged, steel shot is sitting by the gun, can't tell I've got it bad can ya? :banana:

GADAWGS

Hoping to go to SD in October. Just waitin on them to set the dates. November around here means mainly swamps and woodies till it gets colder up north

jason308

Whats wrong with a swamp and some woodies??? Seriously I hope I can get some mallards into my swamps this year. I hope to go out west before long myself.

coon dawg

GONetwork Member
nope..........

deer season will still be in...............but..........as soon as it ends, I'll be in my 25 acre beaver swamp in Madison County..............that 63 acres is the best money I ever spent. :D :flag:

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
WV in October and who knows here

GADAWGS

jason308 said:
Whats wrong with a swamp and some woodies??? Seriously I hope I can get some mallards into my swamps this year. I hope to go out west before long myself.

Not a thing wrong with woodies other than its pretty much over 10 minutes after sun up. When the weather kicks in right, I will be out all day

Duck's and Buck's

I'll be heading to a power co. lake in N.W. Ga. They have one lake that they let duck hunters in and you can get some early season wood ducks but after that it's all crows until the last two weeks of goose season and you can usually lay down a hand full of Canadians.

GADAWGS

Well looks like the trip to SD is out for me this year. But God was smiling on me yesterday. Met up with a guy from Memphis who has a pit blind in AR and gave me a serious open invitation to be his guest this upcoming season. Thank you Lord

jason308

That's awesome. I am itchin to take a trip somewhere, but I aint sure where.

gacowboy

GONetwork Member
Duck hunting!!

I hope to go to Arkansas opening week, around the Jonesboro ,Blytheville area. A buddy is lining up a pit blind along with some other areas that we have hunted in the past. Can't wait!! :cheers:

:flag: :flag: :flag:

Duck's and Buck's

I heard there was some pretty good hunting around that area. A guy I know leases a pit there but he said that last year was the worst year he ever had in that area. Hopefully for you it will be better this year. Remember, SHOOT 'EM IN THE FACE. :shoot:

GADAWGS

Their worst year is still alot better than most areas here in GA. Plus it is a chance to see new ground which will be worth the trip alone

Mark Brooks

Spending my opening day in local swamp with my lab and 7 year old daughter who loves to tag along. My own little slice of heaven!!!

Thank God for wood ducks!!!

MB

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Maybe one of a couple places, Altoona, West Point, Lanier, Oconee or Ft Benning. Decisions, Decisions :huh:

Wait a minute Mr. Brooks, you left out your other three hunting buddys, Bobble Head,Cool Man Dave,and (My Daddy's Out Of Jail!,My Daddy's Out Of Jail!).We'll be hunting out at the Ritz Carlton On 78.or better known as the man killer.Glad to see you joined us we need a few more good duck hunters.

Mark Brooks

Metro,
The best group of guys I have ever hunted with!!! Man, what memories we have had!!! And now, my daughter does nothing but talk about you guys as she develops her outdoor memories.

The man killer swamp will not be our first destination this year, will it?