where are you seeing deer?

Ritzer

Banned
i havent been out in a few eeks so i was wondering where evryone is seeig the dee, are they in the briars the foodplots the ridges, the acorns, or pines or what? also in the morn or pm?

thanks, ritzer

frankwright

The last three I saw(one rode home with me)all were in a hardwood creek bottom that still has acorns. However today I walked through some small pines. The trunks were all 4" across and I saw at least 15 heavy rubbed trees. Some trees were polished white. I went to another part of the land where the pines were bigger and I still saw a few rubs but not as many. I have been suspecting that a lot of our bucks were hiding in the pines. There are no trees big enough for any kind of stand so I will just sit in a low chair the next chance I get to hunt.

Label Dawg

In my backyard....

....my "backyard" is actually a 10 acre field.

Wed. afternoon 2 six pointers harrassed a doe in the field until dark (I was watching thru the scope from an upstairs bedroom window).

Yesterday afternoon I went to where my Dad parks his dump truck, tractor & trailer @ the field edge.

I saw three does as I sat on a dove stool between the dump truck & trailer :bounce:

reylamb

The only deer I have seen at all since the beginning of October were: 1. in Illinois last week in the corn and soybean fields, or on trails leading to them, all in the evenings; and 2. on the TV or DVD player at all times of the day.

H

HT2

Mainly......

In the "cuts" and "planted pines"........

The bucks are still chasin' the does a little bit, but the chasin' has slowed down...... :eek:

PHIL M

Gone But Not Forgotten
Ive seen em mostly in 10 yr old planted pines, near the food plots, and hardwoods.

BowArrow

I saw five Wed. morning, including a nice 8 pt. at eight yards, hunting a creek bottom surrounded by planted pines. The creek is mostly water oaks and some have a good crop of acorns. I have three good stands along this creek and alternate hunting these stands. I was able to arrow two good eight pointers in Oct. so I am looking for does the remainder of the season.

Walking back to my Jeep Wed. morning, I noticed a lot more deer sign on the dirt road. New trails have developed in the past two weeks. I will be back on the creek Sat. and several times next week. This cool weather has made hunting much more enjoyable.