Where do you draw the line?

coastga

It seems like many denominations are parting from God's word. Some churches are allowing homosexuals as pastors others do not believe Jesus Christ is the son of GOD etc. You know the Bible tells us to come out from among them and be ye separate. I believe that their will be people from many different denominations that make it to heaven. With that said, Where do YOU as an individual draw the line and say I will come out from among the evil doers or tell your friends and family to come out? Another question, do you believe a person can sit under such a ministry that is totally contrary to God's Word and be saved and spiritually right?

***Please have all opinions based on scripture and not the way you feel****

BANDERSNATCH

Coast,

I would be miserable sitting under a ministry that I thought was contrary to God's word. I can't think of a reason to stay under a ministry like that.

My criteria for a church that I will attend are:

Good praise and worship (music a must)
Preaching is in line with the Bible
My kids enjoy going

Bandy

Randy

I don't have any scripture to quote but I draw the line with what God tells me. I have had a real problem finding any religious group that reads the Bible as I do. As a result, I don't attend any church. I have my relationship with God and I am sure it is base partly on my upbringing in the Baptist church but as I have grown in my relationship I have come to realize that some of these teachings, or at least in my church, are not my beliefs. As such I have had a hard time finding a church. Do I think the church has to believe everything as I do? No, but I have a real hard time if it is too far off base. I also think most religions get hung up on small things that just really do not matter.

C

Cward

Religions are "man made" because mankind cannot agree on anything! Saved through Jesus Christ and actually living a Christian life, which I believe only takes a little common sense is what matters! Doctrines I feel are pointless. :flag:

mpowell

the Bible is very clear on salvation--accept Jesus as God's son; accept that he was God in human form and sacrificed Himself for ALL of us; ask for forgiveness for our sins (which we recognize and acknowledge), and REPENT.

if a church bases their teachings on this, the new covenant with the Lord, i believe they are teaching the proper message.

above all else, we all MUST remember, God is the one who judges and decides what's truly in our hearts. only HE knows!!! no matter how you act or your actions, your personal relationship with God is where eternal life lies.

PWalls

I would have to draw the line at Hypocrisy in a church and its members. I wouldn't want to be in a church that is a church only on Sunday and the other 6 days do whatever it wants to.

I also like a good music program (nothing fancy, just an organ and piano). Also, since I have 3 small children, something for them is a must as well.

While I agree that the most important thing is your own persoanl relationship with the Lord, I think a church is a good thing. Especially a good Sunday School that really delves into scripture.