Where is the best country/seafood buffet ?

vin-man

The Redd house between Jefferson and Nicholson is real good. Thurs night is country buffet, Fri and Sat is seafood buffet, and Sunday Brunch. Good food and friendly folks! Homemade strawberry shortcake is the Bomb!!! Payment is cash or checks only, if you go there.

3ringer

Blue Willow Inn Social Circle , ga has a seafood buffet on Friday and Saturday nights. Neat place in an old antebellum mansion.
Also Tim’s seafood buffet in Milner is good and reasonable too.

DAWG1419

The Redd house between Jefferson and Nicholson is real good. Thurs night is country buffet, Fri and Sat is seafood buffet, and Sunday Brunch. Good food and friendly folks! Homemade strawberry shortcake is the Bomb!!! Payment is cash or checks only, if you go there.

I live in social Circle and don’t eat at the blue willow but do go to the red house once a month. Best by far

snuffy

Been awhile since I have been, but like The Country Kitchen in Barnesville

ngadeerhunter1969

The Filling Station in downtown Dalton Ga is awesome for excellent country cooking, buffet style :cool:

10.00 even and includes the drink. They are only open for lunch though and closed on Saturday :(

snuffy

Is the country inn buffet or menu

It is both. My mon used to order off the menu and the rest of us would eat the buffet.

They have very good crawfish and also have quail and frog legs. Or they did last time I was there. over a year ago.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
I live in social Circle and don’t eat at the blue willow but do go to the red house once a month. Best by far

IMO, the ambiance at the Blue Willow beats the food by a long stretch. I will not return.

doenightmare

Gone But Not Forgotten
Been awhile since I have been, but like The Country Kitchen in Barnesville

Where in Barnesville is ths place? I know the Garden Patch on 19/41 but not the Country Kitchen.

snuffy

Where in Barnesville is ths place? I know the Garden Patch on 19/41 but not the Country Kitchen.

Go Hwy 36 south out of Barnesville turn left on Country Kitchen Rd. and it is about a mile or so on your right.

3ringer

I'm still not over the Runway in Cornelia closing down...best seafood buffet...ever.

The runway was mighty fine eating

breathe in

i like a lot of some that are already mentioned.

buckners is good.

dillard house is good, but close to $30 now. they do let you take leftovers home, rare for a ayce.

ate at a place called daddy's or daddy's place in kennesaw(?). only had lunch one day so not sure if they have seafood or bbq special. food was good but was more impressed with the service and cleanliness.

garden patch is good for most stuff, but their seafood offerings were pretty sad. tiny shrimp and tilapia.
even worse was their prime rib special. i'm driving there dreaming of a piece of rare steak the size of a dinner plate with au jus. their prime rib was little pieces of well done meat about the size of a slice of spam.

been a few years, maybe it's changed?

down south seafood outside Millidgevville.......all you can eat grits bar, all you can eat hushpuppies, and a killer chop steak.

Straws in Sparta has some decent BBQ.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Almost 4 years since I started this quest I have found a place with food very similar to that of the late great Charlie Williams.

It is owned and operated by one of our own members here Flash. It is Bootys Fish House in Royston Ga. We ate there this evening and it was GREAT. All sort of good fried fish, veggies, country ham, stew, and special treats from the chef (Flash)made it a meal to remember. And the really great part is two people get all they can eat for less than $29. It is great food and great prices.

It took a long time for the stars to align and for us to be over that way at supper time on Friday or Saturday but it was good to learn what a good meal can be had there.

It was great to meet you and the Mrs. today Terry. We will be back !!!!

I'm gonna have to slip in there all undercover like and see how they treat the non celebrities.

White trash gotta eat too. :D

DAWG1419

down south seafood outside Millidgevville.......all you can eat grits bar, all you can eat hushpuppies, and a killer chop steak.

Straws in Sparta has some decent BBQ.

We eat there when we don’t want to cook at camp. Purdy good too

GoldDot40

Had some Redd House this evening. Dang near caused myself some internal organ distortion. Nearly ate my weight in that Calabash style fried shrimp on the buffet. It's been 5 hours now and I'm STILL full.

3ringer

This one is on my bucket list. It is in barnesville.

Attachments

• 39C65D6D-D31D-412E-B175-DDE6FCFE88DD.jpeg
    39C65D6D-D31D-412E-B175-DDE6FCFE88DD.jpeg
    130.3 KB · Views: 195