Where Were You Back 46 Years Ago Today......January 9, 1973 ???

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Interested minds want to know !!!!!

Fortunately for me, I still remember it all too well.

Across much of Georgia, that day was one of the worst snow and "ice" storms ever known to that point. In the Augusta area and further northward up to northeast corner of Georgia, it was about a foot of this treacherous stuff every where.

This date always sticks out in my mind because it was the very first day of my employment in the Filtration Industry. Unfortunately, I had to drive on a rescue mission of my new boss's Mother, who had attempted to drive from Augusta back to her home in Tallulah Falls on the day before BUT she was stranded in a motel in Royston instead.

This rescue attempt began at 8:30 AM that day and ended at Midnight for me on that Monday night, and thankfully, it was an overall success for all involved. Unfortunately, my new Boss never paid me for those 7 hours of overtime that I worked on my very first day. On that day, I drove forward, backwards, sideways, and and every which way BUT upside down even though I did slide into a few ditches along this trip BUT got his Mother back home safely in her warm house before having to attempt that really long drive back home to Augusta.

I always thought that this was one of my most toughest days mentally and physically over all of these years but I have used that thought to realize that you have to do whatever is necessary at the time BUT to always realize that things could be even worse.

The good news is that I have been working in the Filtration Products Industry for a total of 46 years as of this morning...AND THE REALLY GREAT NEWS IS THAT I HAVE OWNED MY FILTRATION PRODUCTS COMPANY FOR THE PAST 26 YEARS OF THIS TIME.

The best news about that fact is that with my Company, I still have lots of customers that I have had for over these 46 total years. They stood by me over this time and they know that I have their best interest at heart.

It has been a great ride along this journey but I am starting to slow down somewhat and I am not entertaining the thoughts of taking on any new customers at this point, but for now, I am just maintaining my current customers.

It surely is a GREAT feeling to be able to plan things on my time schedule these days........well if I hadn't recently fractured a couple of bones in my right foot and then tore my medial meniscus again. I'm currently involved with my doctors to see if I will have to have surgery again !!! Heck, it was just 17 months ago that this same type thing happened while I was in the woods on my property and ultimately I had to have surgery then!!! :banginghe:banginghe:banginghe

ACTUALLY, THE VERY BEST NEWS FOR ME HAPPENED BACK ON JUNE 27, 2006 BECAUSE ON THAT DAY THAT I BECAME A MEMBER ON THIS WEBSITE AS IT HAS ALLOWED ME TO MEET SOME WONDERFUL PEOPLE WHO REALLY DO CARE ABOUT EACH OTHER !!!!!! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

I HAVE ALREADY READ SOME INTERESTING COMMENTS HERE. KEEP THEM COMING !!!

I EDITED THIS COMMENT @ 2 PM TODAY BECAUSE NOW AFTER READING 20 POSTS ON THIS THREAD............ WELL I FORGOT TO SAY THAT I WAS ONLY 4 YEARS OLD AT THE TIME !!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

DANG, I'M GETTING OLD FOR SURE AND I CAN'T PHYSICALLY FIGHT LIKE I USED TO BUT AS LONG AS I HAVE A COUPLE OF MR. GLOCKS WITH ME, WELL I STILL CAN TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS !!!!!

Last edited:

westcobbdog

I was 12 or so and my family was hunkered down in our house in Sandy Springs. House was in the middle of a patch of woods so pine trees were snapping left and right, it was scary.
Congrats on your successful business.

rosewood

I was still a glimmer.

j_seph

Was either in my moms arms or in the crib sleeping

turkeykirk

Stuck half way between Columbus and Augusta stuck on a Trailways bus trying to get to Augusta to play a college basketball game. Spent all night in a National Guard shelter after be “rescued” in a Deuce and Half truck. When we went back to get on the bus it had been stolen with all our stuff on it. State Patrol found it at a truck stop in South Carolina. Crazy experience.:biggrin3:

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
High school for me,,,,and speaking of snow,,,,View attachment 955378
That's right purdy, but that ain't NEAR what He's talk'n about. We had that much solid ICE! In a state that (at the time) didn't know from nuth'n bout no road plow or salt trucks, and MILLIONS of second and third growth pine trees that HATE ice. We had 57 fall all around our house.

Last edited:

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Nashville TN

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Huddled around the fire place glad we had gas logs listning to the "snap, crackle, and pop of 100' + pine trees falling everywhere just wait'n for one to come through the roof. No power for 17 days. Once ALL the trees fell we had a ball in all of the "forts" they made. To this day, I'll never be caught without at least a 3 week supply of food and tp.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I was six years old, so I have no idea.

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
I was 13 and in Ocilla by that time after moving from Albany when Daddy retired from the USAF.......... I have no clue what the weather was like at the time down south here.