Which Compound Bow

Gunpowder

Which bow would you guys recommend in the $300 to $600 range ? I would prefer it be 60# and have a draw length of 26”. I like the adjustment on the PSE a lot.

Turpentine

I have a pse stinger x
I'm not sure if it goes down to 26
It gets the job done right out of the box.
However if I could do it all again I would have the string and peep sight replaced before leaving the shop.
Also the sight pins are very large, to large and I would replace the triple pin sight for a single pin sight.
Other then that it has preformed well.

A few years of heavy abuse and it is still doing fine.
The strings are absolute garbage tho!
And I mean trash!

Dbender

You can get a really nice used bow fully rigged on cl. I'd adjust my taste depending on price. Most are all pretty good nowadays

Sargent

I almost bought a Diamond Edge SB1.... read up on it...especially the reviews.

SC Hunter

I bought a Matthews Switchback xt yesterday for $200. Ready to hunt I just have to get some arrows I'm ordering some this week and getting them cut down. I sold this bow to the guy I bought it from 5 years ago for $500 and he bought a new bow and asked if I would be interested in buying it back. I jumped at the opportunity.

Bubba_1122

Hoyt used to have the Charger and it had a great reputation as a high quality entry level bow.

Update - Don't see the Charger on the Hoyt site anymore - but the Charger was a quality product for the money when I bought one in 2012.

It served me well for several years.

Last edited:

uturn

Find ya a Destroyer 350 or 340 at 60lbs you won’t be disappointed! Smooth, Fast, Quiet and Dead in Hand!

But, there’s a lot of great bows just a few years old to be had for that money...shoot all you can and one will find you!

Good luck

Last edited:

BamaGeorgialine

Hoyt used to have the Charger and it had a great reputation as a high quality entry level bow.

Update - Don't see the Charger on the Hoyt site anymore - but the Charger was a quality product for the money when I bought one in 2012.

It served me well for several years.
It's called the Powermax now. Same bow

Tadder

Which bow would you guys recommend in the $300 to $600 range ? I would prefer it be 60# and have a draw length of 26”. I like the adjustment on the PSE a lot.
MATHEWS MISSION SWITCH ARE MXR would fit the spices for you.(y) The Switch , Hammer are easy to adjust. AND GO UP TO 70LBS .

Last edited:

Dbender

Not sure if you found one but theres a z7 exteme for 400 in mid ga and a switchback around atl for 300 on cl.