Which tire to get for 3/4 ton pickup?

Thread starter #1
I'm about to put new tires on a 3/4 ton pickup but I'm not sure what I want. I need at least an all terrain. I have the BFG AT's on now and they did well I am just trying to find something a little less expensive. Any info on tires from 3/4 ton owners would be appreciated. Thanks

Eddy M.

GONetwork Member
I run Pro Comps AT on my 3/4 ton Avalanche-they are wearing great and great traction

win270wsm

if you are looking for a mud terrain you can get the Maxxis buckshot mudder for less than $900 drive out...depending on size of course.Got these at Bulldog tire in Covington for $762.00 drive out

Attachments

jinx0760

Attorney's?

If you pull loads at the upper end of your trucks capability, you should be sure to get tires for that load range. If you put tires for a 1/2 ton truck, pull a 3/4 ton load and have a blow out, (which hurts someone).....You could need an attorney.....

I've got a Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins. I run a 265/75 in an E-rated BFG Rugged Terrain. I'm fairly certain they were the OEM tire on the newer Ram's. They've got about 50,000 miles on them and have plenty of tread left.

I got them at Sears for around $700 out the door.