Which Verizon trail cam?

knightcustomworks

Well my Moultrie trail cam and my feeder were both stolen so I'm looking for recommendations for a Verizon trail cam. I'm trying to stay under $200. I've heard good things about Covert, but the ones I've seen are $350-$400.

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
If you have other recent Moultrie cameras the modem is 100 bucks with rebate, the all in one unit is 180 less $50 rebate. Spypoint is 120 and 200. Spartan is 300. Everything else is above that I guess.

mattuga

Banned
All I know is Spypoint and Spartan. I really like Spartan camera and their network, customer service is top notch which matters sometimes even with good unit to understand functions. When considering price look at the service plans, that is where Spypoint gets you and their customer service is horrible, the worst I've ever experienced. Go find the company Herd360 on Facebook or google them, you can deal with Mike and he will steer you right. He is top top notch guy and knows cell trail cams, to top it of he is in GA.

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
All I know is Spypoint and Spartan. I really like Spartan camera and their network, customer service is top notch which matters sometimes even with good unit to understand functions. When considering price look at the service plans, that is where Spypoint gets you and their customer service is horrible, the worst I've ever experienced. Go find the company Herd360 on Facebook or google them, you can deal with Mike and he will steer you right. He is top top notch guy and knows cell trail cams, to top it of he is in GA.
I don't have a Spypoint, but explain how they get you on a plan. Last time I looked unlimited was $15 a month and 10 if you prepay the year. Everything else less.

mattuga

Banned
I don't have a Spypoint, but explain how they get you on a plan. Last time I looked unlimited was $15 a month and 10 if you prepay the year. Everything else less.

Don't buy spypoint, that is my advice. Look at their website for further info, I can't help you with them except to despise them. I'm stuck with trying to get one to work before I look into their plans again. Sure as heck wouldn't buy one even for $100, they are junk.

Mark K

Banned
I have a Spartan I think going on three years now. Never really had any issues with the camera itself, just some carrier issues.
Cool thing about Spartan is they keep you informed of scheduled maintenance issues. For instance, they’ve already informed me in advance that my cameras may not send pics tonight because of scheduled maintenance going on tomorrow. I would rather know this in advance than sit around wondering what’s wrong with my camera. Generally most of their down time is during the middle of the day.
I haven’t experienced anyone else’s apps, but I can do whatever I want to my camera from my app. I could even start having pics sent to the OP with just his cell as long as he’s with ATT or Verizon. (Maybe others as well, just know of the two mentioned)
Normal sent pics are grainy if zooming in, but if I get something I really want to check out, I just get an HD pic and it’s frame worthy. Due to the size limit on this site I have to really reduce the quality. Also you could always pull the SD card and save a special specific picture that way as well. I’ve had a 32G card in mine since day 1 and have never pulled it.
They may be a little expensive, but I’ll pay just to have to keep from dealing with all the issues I reading about on here through other manufacturers.

shdw633

The OP indicated he didn't want to go over $200 and for that I would recommend either a Moultrie camera with the MV-2 field modem so that you can pick the Moultrie camera you would prefer. I have 2 MV's and run my Moultrie Panoramic camera off one and my A-35i off the other. I also have 5 Spypoints and don't know the issues that Mattuga has been going through but I haven't had hardly any issues with mine and have had nothing but success in dealing with their customer service as well. Many times people that get the cameras have issues setting them up in the beginning so you have to be aware of that, like the Micro has to have a firmware update installed on it before you can have it to send you pics but as I stated once you know that you're good to go. I have had 2 micros out for over 2 weeks and had no issues. I have had my 3 Spypoint Link Evos out in the woods 24/7 for over a year now and still sending me 100 free pics a month and those cameras are under $200 as well and have rebates I believe going on right now. I have all my cameras on Moultrie Power Panels and 32gb cards so I don't have to worry about changing batteries. I think Bass Pro Shops is having a camera trade in event this upcoming weekend that would allow you to get the Spypoint Link Micro for under $100 with a trade in. The Evo's are also on sale from them this weekend as well I believe.

Latest posts