While My Guitar Gently Weeps

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Prince crushes it.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Someone asked Eric Clapton what it feels like to be the best guitar player in the world. He said " I don't know, your'll have to ask Prince"
I saw on TV recently a live concert with Jeff Lynne. I always thought he had a great voice and he can still flat out sing.

Reactions: Dub

Jester896

Senior Clown
Wasn't that from '04 when they inducted George Harrison into the Rock-N-Roll Hall of Fame?

Makes me stop and think of all the great ones that are no longer with us

mark-7mag

Steve Winwood is also in this video. Steve is one of my favorite artist with an amazing voice.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Wasn't that from '04 when they inducted George Harrison into the Rock-N-Roll Hall of Fame?

Makes me stop and think of all the great ones that are no longer with us

Yep.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I always thought it was strange that Prince was a really good guitar player, and really only recorded one song that featured it.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
My favorite/most influential guitarists as a guitar picker myself:

Hendrix. Stevie. Gary Rossington. Steve Gaines. Pete Anderson. Tony Rice. Jimmy Page. Tony Iommi. Zakk Wylde. Justin Johnson. Albert King. Duane. Dave Hlubeck. Huey Thomasson. Billy Gibbons for sure. Junior Johnson. Clarence White. Paul Barrere. Luther Perkins. Many more.

Cmp1

BANNED
I think I’d like it more if there weren’t 19 of them on stage together.

Pick 4 and let it ride.

Of course, Clapton would only need two to back him up.

Clapton’s old stuff was great,I think Gilmour is better,,,,

mark-7mag

My favorite/most influential guitarists as a guitar picker myself:

Hendrix. Stevie. Gary Rossington. Steve Gaines. Pete Anderson. Tony Rice. Jimmy Page. Tony Iommi. Zakk Wylde. Justin Johnson. Albert King. Duane. Dave Hlubeck. Huey Thomasson. Billy Gibbons for sure. Junior Johnson. Clarence White. Paul Barrere. Luther Perkins. Many more.
I’ll take your list and add Duane Allman , Stevie Ray Vaughn, Dickie Betts and Chet Atkins